User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GQ TD42 Turbo Wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work on the rig mate, starting to come along!

I was about to say don't leave it in it's primer state because it's a porous substance.. but bloke above me pretty much said it right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:

Dozer (9th March 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, yep that's correct. Have been meaning to paint it but with all the wet weather we have been copping i haven't had a chance so she has started to come through with rust again. Not too stressed about the body now though as i have found some major rust in the floor pan near the front wheel wells and drivers/ passengers side floors. I was going to fix it up but a new plan has been put into action.

This new plan is to find a wagon body in good condition with stuff all rust "from the rear windows forward" and do a dual cab chop on it in my shed while still driving around the rust bucket. So when it is all done i can swap the body's round to my good chassy and get it mod plated. I had a dual cab a while ago and loved it so figure now ive got the good base i can get the body i liked so much.

As soon as i find a decent body cheap enough the project will start.

I have another update too, i recently bought the suspension stuff 2 inch lift kit running 4 inch SS shocks. Thing flexes really well and gives a really good ride quality. Next step is a set of 33's after i buy the new body as the tread is really letting me down at the moment. Ended up going to scenic rim on the last comp to help a mate out that was entering in his buggy and was slippin and sliding all over the place due to all the rain and clay base.

Here is a quick video show how not to guide someone into a bog hole. funnily enough i asked him to place my wheels either side of the hole, not right into it hahaha.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a shot of the only clean part on the mav, and a bit of a tip for ya's too. Even with these coils "2 " Lift" i had a hard time installing them due to the length.... Used Coil clamps or what ever ya call em to bind up the coils pre install and even after that had some major problems getting them in the front. And yes i took everything from the stabilizers to one of the radius arm bolts out for full drop. Just a really long coil... rear was not too bad with someone standing the rear axel.

Only stayed clean for about 12 hours haha.

New ride height in the rear

Ill get some flex shots up soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dozer For This Useful Post:

AB (14th March 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone knows someone in the Brisbane area that is trying to get rid of a Td42 wagon with a blown motor or something cheap let me know. All i am after is the body if in decent condition.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    If anyone knows someone in the Brisbane area that is trying to get rid of a Td42 wagon with a blown motor or something cheap let me know. All i am after is the body if in decent condition.
    Just the body itself? Does it need 2 be a Td42???? or just a GQ body?

Cheers

Todd
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, just going to be chasing the body really, not so much after the interior doors,bonnet, ect as i can transfer those from my truck as they are in good nick. Just figured if i can get a TD42 version with the electronics and complete dash it will be a easy conversion instead of having to re do the electronics in the truck after swapping.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got myself a good body for $400.00 bucks and will pick it up in the next few weeks, then the cutting disks get a work out. looking forward to it.

the wagon im going to get is a 1988 GQ patrol wagon, im getting it without the doors bonnet ect and am using the items from my 1993 maverik to complete the body once chopped up. Does anyone know if all the panels are interchangable, ie, latches, mounts ect?

I know the doors are a bit different in design with the little quater window but not sure if the size or general design may of changed slightly.
    Last edited by Dozer; 14th March 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, just going to be chasing the body really, not so much after the interior doors,bonnet, ect as i can transfer those from my truck as they are in good nick. Just figured if i can get a TD42 version with the electronics and complete dash it will be a easy conversion instead of having to re do the electronics in the truck after swapping.
    No worries, only asked as I knew of someone that had a 2.8 GQ with blown motor, and he didn't have the time 2 strip it himself so wanted 2 sell it complete.

Cheers

Todd

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got myself a good body for $400.00 bucks and will pick it up in the next few weeks, then the cutting disks get a work out. looking forward to it.

the wagon im going to get is a 1988 GQ patrol wagon, im getting it without the doors bonnet ect and am using the items from my 1993 maverik to complete the body once chopped up. Does anyone know if all the panels are interchangable, ie, latches, mounts ect?

I know the doors are a bit different in design with the little quater window but not sure if the size or general design may of changed slightly.
    Not 100% mate but at a guess they would be the same

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only one way to find out i suppose

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast