Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273

Thread: Jay see 1997 GU build up

Thanks
    Thanked 11,475 Times in 5,049 Posts
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @PeeBee Philstar, what would happen if @jaysee Brother installed a tyre valve in the cap instead of a breather and linked up his onboard air compressor to force water out of its lowest point gravity tube? Could the air pressure Archimedes style push every last droplet uphill to a comfortable collection height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (23rd May 2024)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,872 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    @PeeBee Philstar, what would happen if @jaysee Brother installed a tyre valve in the cap instead of a breather and linked up his onboard air compressor to force water out of its lowest point gravity tube? Could the air pressure Archimedes style push every last droplet uphill to a comfortable collection height?

Yep, but the increase in pressure only needs to be a poofteenth to generate massive velocity out the nozzle ( 5PSI across the total area of the tank is a massive discharge force.). What I dont like about that idea , is the water jet is going to be very fast so more splashy and likely to waste more than say a steady stream via gravity, plus you need to switch it off pretty quickly as the pressure will build fast and get progressively worse - FAST.. I guess if you want to wash a car or similar the added velocity which will equate to volume is fine but for a billie fill or a quick wash of the hands , slow and steady would be my pick. I think I have mentioned before that Jenny and I burned thru 30L in two days at dalhousie because it was 28 deg and the springs well above that, and we didn't waste any, decanted it from a jerry with a hand pump. The electric pumps are a quick way to lose track of your fixed water storage in my view, but you know, its connected now, and there for a reason and choice, it works, get used to it I guess and see how it goes - easy to convert to gravity if it becomes a problem.

Regards the discharge height, well my water tank hoses hand out the door and terminate about 8" off the ground so pot filling and hand washing is not too bad. - Just a comparison but maybe work considering also as pots are on stable ground as well instead of trying to do the octopus 5 arm shuffle.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 22nd May 2024 at 09:32 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (23rd May 2024), MB (22nd May 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies @jaysee
    Philstar, what if the air compressor (onboard always and needed offroad anyway) was permanently connected to a water tank with a basic pressure small lightweight valve/regulator? Of course the hose sump/outlet would need a severely reduced end on it with a valve/tap for water trickle if needed careful saving or high pressure squirting potential?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,847 Times in 2,063 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to worry about it guys, no on board compressor..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (22nd May 2024), PeeBee (22nd May 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Apologies @jaysee
    Philstar, what if the air compressor (onboard always and needed offroad anyway) was permanently connected to a water tank with a basic pressure small lightweight valve/regulator? Of course the hose sump/outlet would need a severely reduced end on it with a valve/tap for water trickle if needed careful saving or high pressure squirting potential?

I would run a pressure regulator limited to no more than 5psi. Anything more and the tank could split. Running pressure in a plastic tank is asking for problems.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (22nd May 2024)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jay see 1997 GU build up

Apologies John Mate, I take full blame for bastardising temporarily your Build Thread Brother
    Pictorially, in sequence, I guess this is what I was trying to suggest to Philstar:

The first three (3) photo examples are similar to what we use at work to connect to mains water garden hoses to vary between taking a trickle sip of water when thirsty in the yard to also carefully blasting truck radiators or full tilt mud blasting pinpoint out of their tipper corners at a long distance etc…

Last edited by MB; 22nd May 2024 at 10:56 PM.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I get it, but NO, leave it as it is if you want the pump and pressure would be my recommendation.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (23rd May 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,847 Times in 2,063 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've done it again.

Electronics and me have a long battle before we're both on the same page. This time I brought a kickass battery monitor

https://kickassproducts.com.au/produ...waAudQEALw_wcB

It seems to look like I'm only going getting volts. I had a fridge and the freezer both on and compressor running on both when I took the picture and still showed just about no amps.

Negative on the battery to -B on shunt and -P on shunt to ground (metal body)

Have I got the -P side of the shunt correct?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273