Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,065 Times in 2,834 Posts
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I have had Optima Yellows go to Zero and have been able to pull them back up to charge. They are a very hardy battery.
    Have done it twice now, dead zero, battery chargers wont even look at them. Car alternator/jumo start the only way forward when it gets to that level. Anyway the new buzzer should suffice until my brain finds a way to null it from the picture!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (19th September 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swapped out the stretched belt, swapped the 110amp alternator back to the 300amp unit, drilling down into the interchiller issue, not looking that easy to fix, TX valve related it seems as all the controls and set up are working but something has changed in the last 2 weeks to cause it to fail.

Wheel stud puller kit arrived, yet to use it but it has a ball bearing pushed into a steel collar, and 3 wheel studs nuts of different sizes, all fine thread, 10,12 and 14mm studs covered.Stud Puller 3.jpgStud Puller 2.jpgStud puller 1.jpg

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

mudnut (18th September 2024), MudRunnerTD (19th September 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another day in the garage, sorting out spares and loading stuff into the car. I built a short jack shaft for the hard tow bar, so I can run it as either an 1800mm long or 3600mm long unit, simple enough task, just time. Received permission finally to pass thru Adria Downs Station. There was a delay due to track conditions I believe. Had another look at the Birdsville Hotel towing insurance package - $500, but cheap compared to $15K if it goes wrong. They cover from around Madigan camp 15, only thing to clarify is it seems they only allow you to book in a single week block. I am going to ring them tomorrow to check. We are going to be slow and lazy when we get into the desert so maybe 10-12 days from Mt Dare to Birdsville. About to commence the joust with RACV regards Total care cover. Wife dropped this off the car, in fact cancelled my car off the policy because it was off the road for 2 yrs withe cab chop etc, well now its attracting a waiting period - will see if her 40yr membership can influence some common sense.
    Got a weird electrical issue, when I turn OFF the engine the windscreen wipers do a single cycle - any ideas?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, another day in the garage, new BFG HD Terrains on, painted both surfaces of the aluminum hub and wheels to arrest the corrosion - Willwood hubs are a higher grade of aluminum than the nissan wheels, hence they lose material by galvanic transfer.
    Dicked around with the A/C system again and found another cooked cheapie blade fuse - thinking the metal is not as accurately rated as its claimed, so they have to heat up a lot more before blowing - potential for wiring damage ultimately. I bit the bullet last night and bought a pile of NARVA fuses so will swap them all out and also a pile of the auto breaker style blade fuses for comparison. My fuse blocks have LED indication when a fuse blows also.

Booked the Birdsville recovery package just now, sorting thru the food and utensils boxes for the purge and repack into the new rear format. Getting real.IMG_2386.jpgIMG_2385.jpgIMG_2384.jpg

Booked the truck back into the A/C guy, not cooling, reckon there is still a leak - $720 was the last bill and they replaced over 15 o'rings, must have missed one as the blower temp is ambient plus a bit. Going in Oct 4, heai\ding off Oct 7
    Last edited by PeeBee; 23rd September 2024 at 08:21 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

BrazilianY60 (23rd September 2024), Plasnart (23rd September 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,500 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What amperage is the system actually using, Phil? Something like this might help you if it is over the 10 amps that most multimeters can measure. this isn't local though.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/36505564...YaAqlDEALw_wcB
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    What amperage is the system actually using, Phil? Something like this might help you if it is over the 10 amps that most multimeters can measure. this isn't local though.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/36505564...YaAqlDEALw_wcB
    Thanks Craig, I will buy one of these for sure.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thanks Craig, I will buy one of these for sure.
    Well couldnt wait, want it now so placed the order, asked for priority shipping at additional cost if avail, would like to run this over all the circuits to ensure they are adequately protected, especially with volt drop and now the higher quality (I hope) Narva fuses on order.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,500 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You gotta let me know how this unit goes. For years I've only had an analogue unit with a shunt you have to place in series. It works but is a PIA.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (23rd September 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,411 Times in 545 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Getting real.IMG_2386.jpg
    Nothing beats the looks of new tires, specially M/T, on a fourby!
    And those look sick!
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post
    Nothing beats the looks of new tires, specially M/T, on a fourby!
    And those look sick!
    Its funny they do look like they could be a mud terrain, but they are marketed as a HD All terrain. Originally developed for the US market for the monster trucks towing big loads, 5th wheelers and then huge torque. When I look at them I can see remnants of the BFG Mud terrain for sure and they may make a good aggressive all terrain after all. My KUMHO M/T's are far more open than these. I bought them for the load rating at 1700kg/tire, so will be interesting how they handle - have not had them on the road yet, only went on yesterday.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 646566