I am based in Qatar and bought a 0 mileage / brand new Patrol in Nov-2023. I'm not an off-roadie, so haven't driven the car on anywhere else than city roads that are absolutely free of pot-holes. I am also not a rough driver and like it smooth. The car has done 27800 kms so far.

However, very recently, I started noticing a strange 'clunk' sound coming off the right-side of the car when I'm moving it at super-slow speeds - sometimes it feels like coming from the front passenger side (it's a LHD car) and sometimes from the rear passenger side. The sound is so diminished that it is only audible when I'm maneuvering the car at a slow pace or when I'm trying to put it in a parking space - that's when I get to hear it the most. Also, I noticed that whenever I hear it, sometime its about half a second AFTER I lift my foot off the gas pedal while going forward and other times, it comes WHILE I'm reversing it. It is audible only when sitting inside the car and can't be heard by anyone standing outside, no matter how close they are. It is something that's extremely random and that I am unable to reproduce despite trying hard, but it is seriously driving me nuts.

My nearest 3S Nissan Dealer guy heard it too and told me to get the car checked at the Nissan Workshop in Qatar, which I will soon. But just before I go there, wanted to get a quick advise from the oldies here on what could it possibly be due to, as I am a complete noob when it comes to having technical knowledge about cars. The car is under warranty until 2028.

It is something major? Something I need to be worried about? I know it sounds chicken of me, but I'm even thinking to sell it off if the Nissan guys don't seem to fix it, as I'm not sure as to how much of a safety risk this 'clunk' has with it.