Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,873 Times in 2,751 Posts
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Apologies, a wee bit munted relaxing tonight, should there be any consideration for strength grade bolts of potential baby ‘safety’ seats in OEM floors…..4.6/8.8/12+ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point MB. The finer thread bolts are typically all 8.8 and above by default, some 10.9, rarely 12.9 - thats unbrako territory and too potentially brittle for the application. I recall seeing a lot of 10.9 bolts. This is stamped on the head. I doubt you could find 4.6 in a fine thread commercially, certainly not a bunnings purchase.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Na mine are a finer thread. I assume due to being a seat anchor. I want some threaded rod to go through both to mount a marine ply floor to go between the side of the car and my Ridge fridge cage. I have a subwoofer and battery pack on the false floor now so want a shelf to go over the top. I even had some high tensile nuts that i tried but nope, the wouldnt fit.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will just clear that up - go through both pre existing holes in the arch.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the child restraint seat anchor bolts are a different thread. They are 5/16 UNC from a quick Google search.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,873 Times in 2,751 Posts
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    Yes, the child restraint seat anchor bolts are a different thread. They are 5/16 UNC from a quick Google search.
    Nothing is simple! When I put the child seat anchors into the chop, the direction was to buy an approved anchor then use UNF bolts as they have a high load rating, more threads/inch. Having said that the standard kit comes with UNC as Cremulator mentioned - go figure. I think if you really want to do this well, you need to find a bolt that fits, take it to your local bolt shop or get the thread measured and order the bolts. Couple of simple steps and the job is done. Best thing I did was buy a bolt kit off the internet that is configured with a range of Nissan bolts, so handy. Nissan bolts up to M8 are standard coarse pitch, m6 x 1.0, M8 x 1.25, its only M10 and above they go fine pitch and as you have seen, 1.25 and most likely 1.0 P on M10, then there are M12 and M14, which is about the limit of the body range from memory. Something like this, get the plated ones, not SS, the black versions are typically plated as well. This kit does not have M10, but I am sure you can find a kit with a wider range. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/16409582...Bk9SR5aqvcn-Yw

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (8th June 2024)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a SM 8.8 that fits perfectly but need threaded rod. Doesn't have to be high tensile at all .. it's what is available that I will have to find out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to timbo2410 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (8th June 2024)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12