Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Suspension recommendation

Hey guys

For a suspension upgrade on my GU patrol im in between choosing from Bilstein, Formula and Dobinsons, which would you recommend?
    Having in mind that the car is a 4.5 petrol, its used as a daily and having around 30% of its time offroad, its not used to load huge amounts of weight other than passengers including the third row seats and my push bike, and other than a winch and a roof rack its mainly stock and wont be having bull bar.

Just looking for the best option in good ride quality and to last long.

Cheers!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nic Valenzuela For This Useful Post:

MB (2nd June 2024)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 6,624 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate, if you are notnchasing remote res stuff and just want a valved shock then I'm a family of the Old Man Emu from ARB. I have run it in my GQ and my GUIV and was stoked with both. The GUIV did over 250,000kms on the OME in the GUIV and still going strong. The OME shocks are infinitely variable valved and I have no complaints.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (2nd June 2024), PeeBee (3rd June 2024)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the OME brand also however the stone shield on the original set cracked and bounced around by the time I got from Melb to the Kimberley. ARB warranted them and I run BP51's now. I guess my only comment is they dont last forever and going for a brand that is serviceable is probably worth the extra cost. I ran Koni's for a long time and they were straight hydraulic, but valving got a birthday after all the adjustment notches were utilised and they came back great. I have done a tour of the Dobinson refurb clean room in Dandenong Vic and they are onto the quality, unsure of the life though of the brand.