PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations

White Elephant
15th September 2011, 07:23 PM
Howdy all,

Just thought I'd pop in and say G'day! I've just registered to this forum today whilst sniffing around for some info on my 95 GQ 2.8 TDI.

I've been the proud owner of the old girl for about 8 years now, I'm originally from North Qld, and now in Perth. I spent about 8 weeks driving my old girl 3/4 of the way around this glorious country a few years ago and ended up in the Wild West. My patrol is mint, I bought a standard model and have spent quite a few pennies on different things to get her up to the standard that I wanted. And you'll all be happy to know she hasn't skipped a beat!(aside from downtime for routine maintenance) I have done most of the work myself aside from a few things I didn't have the technical knowledge about!

Anyway, happy to be here and will hopefully be able to share some tricks and a bit of knowledge where I can!

Peace out!

growler2058
15th September 2011, 07:26 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard, gotta good mob here with heaps of info and advice more tips the better

Sir Roofy
15th September 2011, 07:29 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay

like to throw up some pics of this beast

Woof
15th September 2011, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum and WA mate, enjoy both..........you may want to check this club out, quite a few of the members are here including me www.westernpatrolclub.com

White Elephant
15th September 2011, 07:33 PM
Will Do! I've been in WA for about 7 and a half years now and loving it! There's plenty of good 4WD'n over here. I will get some pics up eventually and I'll check out the Patrol Club for sure!

Maxhead
15th September 2011, 07:50 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

AB
15th September 2011, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions!

snicko
15th September 2011, 08:47 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Plenty of great people here with lots of good info - Enjoy

wildgu6
15th September 2011, 09:11 PM
G'day buddy, Great bunch around here, great advice, heaps of knowledge & experience and some great laughs too,

Welcome aboard buddy.Enjoy

Cheers Pete

Bigrig
15th September 2011, 09:13 PM
G'day mate - Welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum, so don't be shy and join to make the most of it. Enjoy!

taslucas
15th September 2011, 09:40 PM
Hi there mate, Well i guess theres a white elephant in the room now!!
Have fun, see you around

nowoolies
15th September 2011, 11:25 PM
g`day mate
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

White Elephant
15th September 2011, 11:34 PM
g`day mate
welcome on board
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Piccies are coming, I was literally just finding an archive disc!

nowoolies
15th September 2011, 11:38 PM
Piccies are coming, I was literally just finding an archive disc!

bout time hahahahahahaha
waitin ...waitin...waitin.....lol

where in Perth are you mate ????

White Elephant
15th September 2011, 11:41 PM
bout time hahahahahahaha
waitin ...waitin...waitin.....lol

where in Perth are you mate ????

Patience much? I've only been here for 10 mins...hehe. I live up the hill in Swan Vegas.

nowoolies
15th September 2011, 11:47 PM
Patience much? I've only been here for 10 mins...hehe. I live up the hill in Swan Vegas.

patience ....patiience you say iv`e been waitin waitin waitin for 11 whole minute`s now ..........strewth hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

White Elephant
16th September 2011, 12:24 AM
patience ....patiience you say iv`e been waitin waitin waitin for 11 whole minute`s now ..........strewth hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Patience is a virtue they say...although not one of my traits either! ;)

nowoolies
16th September 2011, 12:30 AM
Patience is a virtue they say...although not one of my traits either! ;)

still don`t see any piccies though ...........we luv piccies hahahahahaha

nowoolies
16th September 2011, 12:31 AM
going to set up another run up the coast very soon
you into beach and sand dunes ??????

White Elephant
16th September 2011, 12:33 AM
still don`t see any piccies though ...........we luv piccies hahahahahaha

I just chucked a few pics in my album, consider me green, how do I make the available for y'all to view?

White Elephant
16th September 2011, 12:35 AM
going to set up another run up the coast very soon
you into beach and sand dunes ??????

Being a 2.8 TDI, I have a nasty habit of bogging down in the powder without dropping down to about 12psi. In saying that, last time I went for a beach run was up at loonies with an old clutch and some suspension issues...

nowoolies
16th September 2011, 12:38 AM
Being a 2.8 TDI, I have a nasty habit of bogging down in the powder without dropping down to about 12psi. In saying that, last time I went for a beach run was up at loonies with an old clutch and some suspension issues...

we go in a group from here getting there aint no problem and even easier getting back
the spot we are going to go too is a very easy drive hay

White Elephant
16th September 2011, 12:50 AM
we go in a group from here getting there aint no problem and even easier getting back
the spot we are going to go too is a very easy drive hay

Sic. Haven't done a lot of off roading for a little while. Got a couple of issues to sort out and then I will definately be on board man.

the ferret
16th September 2011, 12:56 AM
Another Sand groper huh, welcome mate, show us ya rig.

White Elephant
16th September 2011, 01:02 AM
Another Sand groper huh, welcome mate, show us ya rig.
Haha! I'm a born and bred cane toad before a sandgroper mate. But I love it over here in WA. Need to get some recent pics of the bus in the near future then I'll post em.

Ade
16th September 2011, 01:13 AM
Gday mate :) Welcome on board and wheres the piccies..? hehehe...

Dhuck
16th September 2011, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

timbar
16th September 2011, 03:45 PM
G'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Clunk
16th September 2011, 11:29 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard.................. if you need any help uploading pics, just ask Nowoolies - he's the resident expert when it come to piccies and vids!!!!!!!! Honest guvna..................... hahahahahahahaha

Finly Owner
17th September 2011, 08:48 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim