PDA

View Full Version : Forum runs slow when someone is downloading a manual - Confirmed

AB
2nd August 2011, 10:04 AM
I am just uploading a new manual that is 200mb.

The forum is running slow right now so I have confirmed that if the forum is ever running slow it means that someone is downloading a manual.

I'm not sure if this can be fixed, I will check it out shortly but just wanted to let you all know that this is the reason why the forum may run slow sometimes until the manual has been downloaded by the user....

nowoolies
2nd August 2011, 10:06 AM
cool mate nowoolies at all

i cant type that fast anyways hahahahahaahah

Sir Roofy
2nd August 2011, 10:08 AM
X 2 mate not fast at all

growler2058
2nd August 2011, 11:38 AM
x3 my one finger is only so fast

NissanGQ4.2
2nd August 2011, 07:12 PM
I am just uploading a new manual that is 200mb.

The forum is running slow right now so I have confirmed that if the forum is ever running slow it means that someone is downloading a manual.

I'm not sure if this can be fixed, I will check it out shortly but just wanted to let you all know that this is the reason why the forum may run slow sometimes until the manual has been downloaded by the user....

Don't you have the manuals hosted on a different server 2 what the the forum is hosted on AB, that was my belief..... and if is the case then I don't think someone downloading a manual will slow the forum down at all.

AB
2nd August 2011, 07:55 PM
Don't you have the manuals hosted on a different server 2 what the the forum is hosted on AB, that was my belief..... and if is the case then I don't think someone downloading a manual will slow the forum down at all.

No, after we changed providers and are now paying a small fortune each month I thought I would bring all the manuals back on here.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd August 2011, 08:28 PM
No, after we changed providers and are now paying a small fortune each month I thought I would bring all the manuals back on here.

After I posted, I took notice of the new manual and seen it was on the forums server. I doubt the manuals get downloaded every single day anyway and I'm sure we all can be patient while a member is downloading a manual :)

Maxhead
2nd August 2011, 08:39 PM
After I posted, I took notice of the new manual and seen it was on the forums server. I doubt the manuals get downloaded every single day anyway and I'm sure we all can be patient while a member is downloading a manual :)

I think the downloads happen more then you think.....therefore the slowness in the forum...maybe?

AB
2nd August 2011, 08:42 PM
I really haven't had time to check how many get downloaded each day. I really need to get on to that.

But, we are getting over 20-30 new members each day and only 2-5 introductions or posts from new members each day so you have to ask yourself why are the other 20 members signing up?????

Most likely to just get the manuals. I'll have to check out the stats one day!

Maxhead
2nd August 2011, 08:45 PM
I really haven't had time to check how many get downloaded each day. I really need to get on to that.

But, we are getting over 20-30 new members each day and only 2-5 introductions or posts from new members each day so you have to ask yourself why are the other 20 members signing up?????

Hmmm, makes you wonder if its worth it........go back to the way it was may be .OK SHOOT me!

Maxhead
2nd August 2011, 08:52 PM
Just to add :

Its easier to ban a few spammers trying to get the manual then to make the members suffer the slow forum because the one timers are downloading the manual

OK OK, just mu thoughts

NissanGQ4.2
2nd August 2011, 08:53 PM

Ok sounds like a lot of manual grabbing going on, If the files are hosted elsewhere and it wasn't slowing the forum down then who cares, but now there back on the forums server I say bring back N/S. Not sure if its possible somehow, I doubt it....but if you need a hand AB I offer my services 2 keep check out the stats. I do say its only something that you can do, but if there is a way, I don't mind helpin out :)

NissanGQ4.2
2nd August 2011, 08:54 PM
Hmmm, makes you wonder if its worth it........go back to the way it was may be .OK SHOOT me!

Totally agree with you Kris

snicko
2nd August 2011, 09:03 PM
I'm on the same page as Kris and Todd. When the forum runs slow you can't use it. Its either dropping out, not load pages, can't post or doesn't connect.

Woof
2nd August 2011, 09:12 PM

I agree with Kris on this one AB, it is not that hard to post up an intro and clock up 25 or how many ever posts to get access to the manuals..............a lot of hard work by some members has gotten the manuals together for everyone.
If some people can't be bothered to say hello then stuff them, give them nothing.
I know that I usually send you a PM regarding this sort of stuff but it really pi22es me off that we get blowins just after something for nothing and give nothing in return.
Yeah I know................back in your box Doggy....lol

AB
2nd August 2011, 09:26 PM
mmm....Interesting...lol...well, we may very well have to bring back that rule unfortunately guys and girls.

I'll have a look at whats involved in bringing it back tomorrow...

I agree with everyone, It's affecting our general use of the forum each day by people not contributing anyway so it doesn't make much difference I guess...

Sir Roofy
2nd August 2011, 10:10 PM
I agree with Kris on this one AB, it is not that hard to post up an intro and clock up 25 or how many ever posts to get access to the manuals..............a lot of hard work by some members has gotten the manuals together for everyone.
If some people can't be bothered to say hello then stuff them, give them nothing.
I know that I usually send you a PM regarding this sort of stuff but it really pi22es me off that we get blowins just after something for nothing and give nothing in return.
Yeah I know................back in your box Doggy....lol

im late as usual but agree to all above
i think ppl should contribute to the forum as well,why should the forum
have to wait for outsiders not interested in saying or asking for advise first

fixer982
2nd August 2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah I know................back in your box Doggy....lolNot at all, Dogman. I also agree. I had to post 25 times before I could download, and that is fairly reasonable. I thought the security was still in place, but then I'm always behind here...PML

fixer982
2nd August 2011, 10:14 PM
im late as usual but agree to all above
i think ppl should contribute to the forum as well,why should the forum
have to wait for outsiders not interested in saying or asking for advise firstHey Roofy. You just made real sense, mate. Patch said that you never did, but you have proved him wrong.....LMAO