PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss Fund Raiser CHAT THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

Bigrig
27th April 2011, 10:22 AM
Howdy

Well, Easter is over and winter is on the way - no major holidays now till Christmas (damn it!!). Soooooo ... if anyone is interested, I am thinking or organising a 'weight loss for charity' group. Essentially, I am starting to resemble Fat B@stard from Austin Powers more than I would like, having put on about 28 kilos in the last few years since stopping professional sport (not to mention the shape transformation!!).

Here's the plan .. I am going for at least 25 kilos of weight loss over the coming 5-6 months .. more than achievable. If anyone is willing to throw up their weight with me and join in, I figured we could sponsor ourselves, as well as encourage/request sponsorship from other members and a certain amount for every kilo shed amongst the group goes to a charity of choice - that is, if we say even $0.50 per kilo lost and as a group we collectively lose 100 kilos, we send $50 (which is across all sponsoring, not each) to a charity on behalf of NissanPatrol.com.au - and being we seem to all get behind each others ventures fairly well, the encouragement from the group will help all those wanting to shed a few kilos stay on track.

Thoughts?? I'm doing it anyway, but just thought it might be a good thing across the members to do something worthwhile for ourselves and someone else at the same time. Personally I'm a fan of children's charities that focus on assisting with illness, but open to suggestion (but no, not the 'save East Timor fund' I'm afraid!! lol).

gec
27th April 2011, 10:52 AM
The Western Patrol Club is trying to organize another "Convoy for Sids and Kids" so maybe that can be the charity,

http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=4958.0

Bigrig
27th April 2011, 10:55 AM
The Western Patrol Club is trying to organize another "Convoy for Sids and Kids" so maybe that can be the charity,

http://westernpatrolclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=4958.0

That'd be perfect!

growler2058
27th April 2011, 11:06 AM
Wifey keeps tellin me to go on fat loosers soooooooo spose why not have a crack. Put 25kg on in the 5yrs since gave up the smokes, now not on the tools the verandah over the tool shed aint gunna get any smaller by itself. I'll give it a go, goin on holidays for a month in june when i normally sloth around on a Thai beach drinkin but i could probably go for a stroll on said beach (whilst slurpin a cocktail) OK talked myself into it I'm in.

Happy with the majority for charity. Normally i only dontae to the salvos but will go with the flow

Bigrig
27th April 2011, 11:17 AM
Wifey keeps tellin me to go on fat loosers soooooooo spose why not have a crack. Put 25kg on in the 5yrs since gave up the smokes, now not on the tools the verandah over the tool shed aint gunna get any smaller by itself. I'll give it a go, goin on holidays for a month in june when i normally sloth around on a Thai beach drinkin but i could probably go for a stroll on said beach (whilst slurpin a cocktail) OK talked myself into it I'm in.

Happy with the majority for charity. Normally i only dontae to the salvos but will go with the flow

On ya champion!! Figure we'll start the "official" weigh in as of Monday morning coming. Obviously have to use the same set of scales throughout as they give different weights (more so I keep myself honest!! LOL). Thinking weekly weigh ins and post the results each Monday - some weeks will be good, some not so good I figure but overall the goal remains the same. Maybe do a charity payment at three months and again at six months for those who aren't as obsessive compulsive as myself!!

I'll need to go get a new set of scales - broke the last ones!! Thinking of getting those talking ones that provide encouraging comments like "whoah!! One leg at a time please!!" and, "only one person allowed on scales at the same time!!" ... lmfao

growler2058
27th April 2011, 11:42 AM
On ya champion!! Figure we'll start the "official" weigh in as of Monday morning coming. Obviously have to use the same set of scales throughout as they give different weights (more so I keep myself honest!! LOL). Thinking weekly weigh ins and post the results each Monday - some weeks will be good, some not so good I figure but overall the goal remains the same. Maybe do a charity payment at three months and again at six months for those who aren't as obsessive compulsive as myself!!

I'll need to go get a new set of scales - broke the last ones!! Thinking of getting those talking ones that provide encouraging comments like "whoah!! One leg at a time please!!" and, "only one person allowed on scales at the same time!!" ... lmfao

OK your on i'll get the family on board over the next coupla days, we lookin at 50c a kilo?

katwoman
27th April 2011, 02:20 PM
Love to help out, but my weight on a public forum ? Not likely.. Besides I had lapband surgery 5 years ago, and that would be classed as cheating. So I'll 'sponsor one of you guys..

Clunk
27th April 2011, 02:44 PM
seems I've had bit of a head start on you guys already................. 7 kg in 5 days but unfortunately wasn't on purpose, I'll probably join in to lose the other 15 kg I could do with losing when I fit n well again.

katwoman
27th April 2011, 02:50 PM
seems I've had bit of a head start on you guys already................. 7 kg in 5 days but unfortunately wasn't on purpose, I'll probably join in to lose the other 15 kg I could do with losing when I fit n well again.

Are you sick? You poor little man. There, there... Suck it up !!

Clunk
27th April 2011, 02:58 PM

Oh thanks , oh Kind hearted one roflmao................ I can tell you missed me really hahahaha

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 02:59 PM
What a top idea, Scotty. Congrats to Western Patrol Club for accepting our challenge.

I started getting healthy from 24 March. Since then, I've lost 6kg. I'm happy to donate 50c per kg, - back dating from then. I've still got about 15kg to go.

I've found that I'm 'lightest' before breakfast but after my morning constitutional. lol

I'm excited. It's definately put the pressure on. lol

If you haven't exercised for a while or are unfit, I strongly recommend you see your doctor before taking the challenge.

Take care out there.

Rossco

MudRunnerTD
27th April 2011, 03:00 PM

:smileyvault-cute-bi

:eck05:

GOLD!! Do ya feel the love from Kat??

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 03:03 PM

HAHA.

Kat, you sound exactly like my wife. No sympathy! lol

Clunk
:smileyvault-cute-bi

:eck05:

GOLD!! Do ya feel the love from Kat??
on a daily basis mate lmao

MudRunnerTD
Yep, i went to the Hospital this morning with the wife for her 36 week check up and silly me was on the phone in the waiting room and casually stepped up on the digital scales (Hospital Calibrated Scales) and promptly stepped off again. I am officially the heaviest i have ever been in my life and 30kgs over my wedding day!! Damn it!

I'm game.

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 03:16 PM
Yep, i went to the Hospital this morning with the wife for her 36 week check up and silly me was on the phone in the waiting room and casually stepped up on the digital scales (Hospital Calibrated Scales) and promptly stepped off again. I am officially the heaviest i have ever been in my life and 30kgs over my wedding day!! Damn it!

I'm game.

Good onya MR.

I've been in a good paddock for too long, too. lol.

Bigrig
27th April 2011, 03:20 PM
Top stuff one and all - we'll work out the details over the coming days and lock it in for a Monday start!!

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 03:29 PM
Top stuff one and all - we'll work out the details over the coming days and lock it in for a Monday start!!

No pigging on on Sunday night's dinner, either. lol.

The weight will carry over to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and probably Friday. lol

growler2058
27th April 2011, 03:53 PM
No pigging on on Sunday night's dinner, either. lol.

The weight will carry over to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and probably Friday. lol

Not worried about sunday night what about wed night thurs night fri night sat night smoko and lunch and breakfast as well ahahhhahahahahahhahaha

Airstrike
27th April 2011, 06:04 PM
Well I have about $300 buck worth of lard to shed........ Since the fats on death row any last meal suggestions LOL!

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 06:08 PM
Well I have about $300 buck worth of lard to shed........ Since the fats on death row any last meal suggestions LOL!
Grilled fish and salad. NO CHIPS!!! lol

Well done

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 06:10 PM
I know you guys aren't gunna wanna hear this, but to shed it quicker, it's preferred if you stay off the grog

Ouch! That hurt to say that. Just as well you don't know where I live. lol

growler2058
27th April 2011, 06:13 PM
I know you guys aren't gunna wanna hear this, but to shed it quicker, it's preferred if you stay off the grog

Family forum family forum, strewth Rossco you know no swearing here mate hahhahahahahaah

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 06:15 PM
Family forum family forum, strewth Rossco you know no swearing here mate hahhahahahahaah

I know, I know. The truth will set you free.....to do what you like with the extra dosh. lol

Bigrig
27th April 2011, 06:26 PM

LOL!!! How about a nice salad?? lmfao

You in big boy? I can't wait for the fourbie weekend - I tend to shed some running up and down hills checking stuff out, so might have to do that every weekend!!! Missus is going to love the dropped kilos and the extra thousands I'm going to have to do to Tank!!! LOL!!

Bigrig
27th April 2011, 06:28 PM

when I drink, I eat ... when I drink, I smoke ... when I drink, I do no exercise ... I'm sure there's a trend in there somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it!! lmfao

p.s. To really torture myself, I'm off the smokes as well !!!! No joke ... Pack a day to nothing - kids are going to love "cranky dad" in about three days time when the hyperglycemia joins the nicotine withdrawals!!!! LOL

Dark 1
27th April 2011, 07:10 PM
stay off the grog

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! Sorry did i say that out loud.

MudRunnerTD
27th April 2011, 07:19 PM
when I drink, I eat ... when I drink, I smoke ... when I drink, I do no exercise ... I'm sure there's a trend in there somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it!! lmfao

p.s. To really torture myself, I'm off the smokes as well !!!! No joke ... Pack a day to nothing - kids are going to love "cranky dad" in about three days time when the hyperglycemia joins the nicotine withdrawals!!!! LOL

That is a very big deal! I did the same thing about 10 years ago from 40 odd a day to zero. Day three saw me whack on a patch and i never looked back. Go the patches for the best possible result. Dont worry about the cost....it is less than half what you have been paying for the smokes.

Good Luck

I now run double diff locks and a Turbo and am paying a mortgage well and truly after giving up those leaching things.

growler2058
27th April 2011, 07:28 PM
p.s. To really torture myself, I'm off the smokes as well !!!! No joke ... Pack a day to nothing - kids are going to love "cranky dad" in about three days time when the hyperglycemia joins the nicotine withdrawals!!!! LOL[/QUOTE]

Strewth mate good onya havin a red hot crack at it. Got a mate that just stopped cause he wanted to and he's canning it no worries we all including himself had doubts and he's smashed it

katwoman
27th April 2011, 07:35 PM
Green tea !! Drink lots of green tea. Is suppose to aid weight loss.

Bigrig
27th April 2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks lads. The thing is that I want to do it ... everyone says lose weight, get off the smokes etc, but deep down I obviously didn't want to ... Now I'm sick if having two wardrobes of clothes (all my old gear only a few years old which doesn't fit, and all my current boombalada gear now), I'm sick of the dependency on the smokes (which is more in my head I think), sick of the smell of smokes, and sick of coughing a lung up every time I have a big session (as I Hoover heaps of durries whilst drinking). So in short, I'm ready for it!!!

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 08:17 PM
Good onya bloke. I'm here to support you and anybody else that needs it!

growler2058
27th April 2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks lads. The thing is that I want to do it ... everyone says lose weight, get off the smokes etc, but deep down I obviously didn't want to ... Now I'm sick if having two wardrobes of clothes (all my old gear only a few years old which doesn't fit, and all my current boombalada gear now), I'm sick of the dependency on the smokes (which is more in my head I think), sick of the smell of smokes, and sick of coughing a lung up every time I have a big session (as I Hoover heaps of durries whilst drinking). So in short, I'm ready for it!!!

If ya wanna give the fags away then your already half way there brutha!!

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 08:27 PM

What a breath of fresh air... you WANT to do it. I'd really suggest you see your doctor then a dietician, to get started on the right track.

This is a MAJOR life change, Scotty. I was a real grumble b#m when I went off coffee. Really narky and got withdrawl headaches for a few days.

I'm back on it, but in moderation.

Well done, bro.

growler2058
27th April 2011, 08:36 PM
Hopefully we can all slide into a pair of shorts like yours Rossco or a nice tight pair of sluggos in a coupla months ahahahhahahahahahaha

DX grunt
27th April 2011, 08:38 PM
Hopefully we can all slide into a pair of shorts like yours Rossco or a nice tight pair of sluggos in a coupla months ahahahhahahahahahaha

Order please...... one keyboard. lol

They beauty about my sluggo's is that because they're spray on, they're made to measure!!! lol.

katwoman
27th April 2011, 08:42 PM

Mmmmmm. A kodak moment for sure...

growler2058
27th April 2011, 08:44 PM
Mmmmmm. A kodak moment for sure...

Lookout Loveday 2012 hahahahahahaha GLADIATORS in sluggos hahahahahahahhahahahaha

Finly Owner
27th April 2011, 09:39 PM

Just found our new digital scales give different readings within 30 seconds of hopping on, off, and back on. Frustrating.

Finly Owner
27th April 2011, 09:42 PM
Love to help out, but my weight on a public forum ? Not likely.. Besides I had lapband surgery 5 years ago, and that would be classed as cheating. So I'll 'sponsor one of you guys..
On ya Kat, you still shredding kilos?

Tim

Finly Owner
27th April 2011, 09:48 PM

Holy, we won't recognise you in 3 months, oh, hang on, yes we will, it will be that sh!t stirring bloke inthe dark GQ with all the bling and a stubby in his hand. Hahahahahahahaha.

Tim

Finly Owner
27th April 2011, 09:57 PM
Good Luck, Scott .
No crap, it's hard especially when the third month arrives.
But once that passes it starts to get easier mate.
From a 50 in a day man to zilch cold turkey man. At least 15yr ago. Still crave when drinking heavily among smokers.

Tim

Clunk
28th April 2011, 03:29 AM

good on ya ol' chap, i guess we'll soon be callin ya Littluss bigguss riggus?????!!!!! lmao. I to will be trying to attempt to quit smoking, so hopefully 3rd time lucky. You'd think it would be easy seeing as only smoke at work, don't smoke evenings or weekends and probably go through a 1 1/2 packs (of 25) a week.

nowoolies
28th April 2011, 04:27 AM
im in
the grass has been toooooo green in my paddock
i have gained a .........few kilo`s over the last year and a half sitting on my tail in front of this computor
and im fed up with my guts hahahaahah
Good on ya Scotty you`ll win with the fags
and a great idea for the weight loss programme / charity
now where`s my hamburger and beer

katwoman
28th April 2011, 06:00 AM
On ya Kat, you still shredding kilos?

Tim

Ah, u know, up and down. Could lose another 10 k.
To those taking on the challenge, good luck and if u want, throw up your exercise and eating plan..

Clunk
28th April 2011, 06:03 AM
Ah, u know, up and down. Could lose another 10 k.
To those taking on the challenge, good luck and if u want, throw up your exercise and eating plan..

here's mine............ I plan to eat less and think about the exercise once the food has settled lol................. one step at a time please!!!!!

Bigrig
28th April 2011, 07:14 AM
Holy, we won't recognise you in 3 months, oh, hang on, yes we will, it will be that sh!t stirring bloke inthe dark GQ with all the bling and a stubby in his hand. Hahahahahahahaha.

Tim

See ... not everything is going to change!! LOL

hekarewe
28th April 2011, 08:12 AM
Grilled fish and salad. NO CHIPS!!! lol

Well done

soooooo last night beer battered fish with beer battered chips is wrong then??????? :p

hekarewe
28th April 2011, 08:14 AM
right i will be brave and give this a go again had lost a bunch last year and then went and put it back on so tell me when the start date is and do we reallly have to put our wieght on here!!!!

growler2058
28th April 2011, 08:30 AM
right i will be brave and give this a go again had lost a bunch last year and then went and put it back on so tell me when the start date is and do we reallly have to put our wieght on here!!!!

Lookin at an "official start" on Monday 2nd of May I believe, so dust off the scales jump on (well i'll be treading carefully on) and start counting...........here we go

DX grunt
28th April 2011, 09:41 AM
here's mine............ I plan to eat less and think about the exercise once the food has settled lol................. one step at a time please!!!!!

I've done some research and they reckon that it's 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Well done Clunk. You've started already!

We all have to learn to control what goes in our mouths - For example, alcohol, cigarettes and .....food.

Losing weight should be a long term lifestyle change, not a short term 'fad'

Jeez. I dunno where all this wealth of info has come from, but it's true. lol

Keep it up fellas. Don't guts out before the Monday morning start. Eaze into it.

nowoolies
28th April 2011, 10:22 AM
well i thought i would check the scales just to make sure they work ok for monday`s start ,and ...........................
they lie , battery might be flat , and no it was`nt me standing on the scales hahahahahahahahaha

Bigrig
28th April 2011, 10:24 AM
well i thought i would check the scales just to make sure they work ok for monday`s start ,and ...........................
they lie , battery might be flat , and no it was`nt me standing on the scales hahahahahahahahaha

LOL!! I'm thinking I need to use the car scales at the local dump!!

nowoolies
28th April 2011, 10:26 AM
LOL!! I'm thinking I need to use the car scales at the local dump!!

move over im gunna join ya

Clunk
28th April 2011, 01:08 PM
I've done some research and they reckon that it's 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Well done Clunk. You've started already!

We all have to learn to control what goes in our mouths - For example, alcohol, cigarettes and .....food.

Losing weight should be a long term lifestyle change, not a short term 'fad'

Jeez. I dunno where all this wealth of info has come from, but it's true. lol

Keep it up fellas. Don't guts out before the Monday morning start. Eaze into it.

have you changed jobs Rosscoe and not told anyone???????? roflmao

katwoman
28th April 2011, 03:39 PM
Talking to a g'friend today who's in training. And she says, LOTS green veg, NO fruit( too much sugar) and lots coffee.. ( expresso only) Lean meat only!! Chicken, fish ect.
I like the coffee bit

DX grunt
28th April 2011, 09:12 PM
have you changed jobs Rosscoe and not told anyone???????? roflmao

Nah. Had a health check and health scare. lol

Gotta shed the k's - sooner rather than later.

Airstrike
28th April 2011, 11:12 PM
Copy Im in. I went to a commercial scale and almost died of shock. I cant believe the lst few years how fast you can put on weight. So yes I am 100% in. Obviously a helth benefit aswell.

Dark 1
28th April 2011, 11:36 PM
Alright Scotty I'm in, will shoot for 25 kilos but see how we go. Are we putting a time limit on this say 6/12 months.

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 07:36 AM
Top stuff Ryan and Kelvin!! Figure it makes it easier for everyone knowing you have a bunch of people supporting, and at the end of the day we give a little to a good cause. Gec suggested one, but I'd like to propose another (do both) - Canteen for kids with cancer ... funny timing, but had a lady show up yesterday raising funds for them - I have four kids, and seeing the photos of 4 year olds etc with no hair and undergoing chemotherapy etc is simply heart breaking ...

We'll sort the details today and over the weekend and Monday is the official start (midnight Sunday night).

Should we make it interesting and break the forum members who are involved into two competitive teams like the biggest loser? Losing team has to double their sponsorship? lol ...

DX grunt
29th April 2011, 09:07 AM
We'll sort the details today and over the weekend and Monday is the official start (midnight Sunday night)....

Whilst you're at your 'meeting' to sort it out, don't drink too much alcohol and don't eat fatty foods. lol

THE MORE YOU EAT AND DRINK NOW, THE MORE YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE OFF Ouch!!

growler2058
29th April 2011, 09:11 AM
Whilst you're at your 'meeting' to sort it out, don't drink too much alcohol and don't eat fatty foods. lol

THE MORE YOU EAT AND DRINK NOW, THE MORE YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE OFF Ouch!!

OH Sh1t Rossco your so sensible hahahaha except for those shorts, cant be good for circulation. I just need one more weekend of debauchery then we're all good to go

DX grunt
29th April 2011, 09:14 AM
OH Sh1t Rossco your so sensible hahahaha except for those shorts, cant be good for circulation. I just need one more weekend of debauchery then we're all good to go

It's not all one way. I look in the mirror and say this to myself before I spruke off to you guys. lol

hekarewe
29th April 2011, 09:21 AM
Lookin at an "official start" on Monday 2nd of May I believe, so dust off the scales jump on (well i'll be treading carefully on) and start counting...........here we go

last time i went near the scales it told me to "back the f&$K away both of you fat bastarts"

DX grunt
29th April 2011, 09:29 AM
OH Sh1t Rossco your so sensible hahahaha except for those shorts,

I need to put pressure on myself to lose weight, so I'll say this, Growlers.....

As I stand infront of the mirror in only 'those shorts', I sing to myself.."I'm too se#xxxy for my shirt"

Spew, chuck, chunda. lolololol

growler2058
29th April 2011, 09:31 AM
I need to put pressure on myself to lose weight, so I'll say this, Growlers.....

As I stand infront of the mirror in only 'those shorts', I sing to myself.."I'm too se#xxxy for my shirt"

Spew, chuck, chunda. lolololol

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i'll give it a go but i'll put the holey ol sluggos on HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHah

DX grunt
29th April 2011, 09:34 AM
i'll put the holey ol sluggos on

Words, not pictures. Words, not pictures. hahahahahaha

nowoolies
29th April 2011, 10:06 AM
Words, not pictures. Words, not pictures. hahahahahaha

if we put up pictures it could aid in weight loss ...........lots of people throwing up hahahahah

growler2058
29th April 2011, 10:29 AM
if we put up pictures it could aid in weight loss ...........lots of people throwing up hahahahah

Mate dont rekon i could reduce the pics enough to fit on the forum hahaahahha

Bob
29th April 2011, 11:53 AM
OK Scotty I will sponsor you as follows:

Max $100 if you reach 25 Kilos Weight Loss and if you dont achieve 25 Kilos $4 a Kilo that you do achieve

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 12:48 PM
OK Scotty I will sponsor you as follows:

Max $100 if you reach 25 Kilos Weight Loss and if you dont achieve 25 Kilos $4 a Kilo that you do achieve

You're a star!!!! Good stuff mate - I'm getting an online account setup with canteen (Kidd with cancer) so sponsorships can be paid to them direct.

Thanks a million - it'll inspire me more, and go to a good cause!!

patch697
29th April 2011, 01:12 PM
I need to shed about 30k & I also need something new to focus on so I'll add my name to the list.

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 01:14 PM
I need to shed about 30k & I also need something new to focus on so I'll add my name to the list.

Good lad Paul!!! Sounds like we might raise some good coin with all us tubbies getting involved!!! LOL!!

patch697
29th April 2011, 01:32 PM
Good lad Paul!!! Sounds like we might raise some good coin with all us tubbies getting involved!!! LOL!!

To tell you the truth I need the help, The money raised is just extra incentive...lol

The disgusting part is, I don't drink as a rule (maybe 1 to be social from time to time) & I cant stand Macers. Its all been done by not eating a proper balanced diet.
I don't eat crap food, I just don't eat in moderation & with the right balance of foods.

So if I get my sh!t together & go see the doc for some advice (thanks Rossco for the reminder) I should be good at this....

I was bloody good at putting it on so it only stands to reason..................lololololol

DX grunt
29th April 2011, 01:33 PM

Funny you should mention that.

I was thinking.......................................... .............

Take 3 photos of yourself on your personal camera - naked from the waist up. One photo from front on, one photo from back on, and the infamous side on photo.

This is a very personal issue, but just a thought. Take progress photos, say, every 1-3 months.

No show and tell for this one, except for yourself.

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 01:38 PM
I could throw up some nude shots to assist others with their goals - like nowoolies said, if you can't keep your food down, it should be easier!!!! lmfao!!!

growler2058
29th April 2011, 01:46 PM
I could throw up some nude shots to assist others with their goals - like nowoolies said, if you can't keep your food down, it should be easier!!!! lmfao!!!

Settle down turbo at least chuck on a pair of sluggos or Rossco shorts hahaahhahahahahahahahhahaaha

DX grunt
29th April 2011, 01:46 PM

There's only one catch with the side on shot.......your stomach muscles must be relaxed. lol

DX grunt
29th April 2011, 01:58 PM
To tell you the truth I need the help, The money raised is just extra incentive...lol

The disgusting part is, I don't drink as a rule (maybe 1 to be social from time to time) & I cant stand Macers. Its all been done by not eating a proper balanced diet.
I don't eat crap food, I just don't eat in moderation & with the right balance of foods.

So if I get my sh!t together & go see the doc for some advice (thanks Rossco for the reminder) I should be good at this....

I was bloody good at putting it on so it only stands to reason..................lololololol

U looking for a sponsor???

DX grunt
29th April 2011, 02:04 PM
Settle down turbo at least chuck on a pair of sluggos or Rossco shorts hahaahhahahahahahahahhahaaha

Carn Turbo.

:smileyvault-cute-bi:smileyvault-cute-bi:smileyvault-cute-bi

Bob
29th April 2011, 02:06 PM
You're a star!!!! Good stuff mate - I'm getting an online account setup with canteen (Kidd with cancer) so sponsorships can be paid to them direct.

Thanks a million - it'll inspire me more, and go to a good cause!!

Let me know the details and I will pay them when due. Good Luck

Airstrike
29th April 2011, 02:48 PM
OK I am going to do the photo thing as that would scare me into action......where to buy a borat mankini mmmmmmmm..............................

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 03:21 PM
There's only one catch with the side on shot.......your stomach muscles must be relaxed. lol

Oh ... I'm out then! LOL

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 03:22 PM
OK I am going to do the photo thing as that would scare me into action......where to buy a borat mankini mmmmmmmm..............................

Hahaha ... not a good look even for thin blokes mates, so not sure how you'll fare with that one!!! lol

growler2058
29th April 2011, 03:32 PM
Well just put the new batteries and read the instruc tions set the scales up..................and !@#$% word. Wife looked it up for my height. I gotta loose FORTY (!@#$%^&*()(*&^%%$# BIG SWEAR WORD) kilos! I dunno
but rekon was 18 the last time i weighed in at that!!!! (40) this year.

Well as soon as ive finished this frosty thats it! hahahahahaha

No thats shockin come Monday.....Bang thats it gotta stop

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 03:58 PM
Well just put the new batteries and read the instruc tions set the scales up..................and !@#$% word. Wife looked it up for my height. I gotta loose FORTY (!@#$%^&*()(*&^%%$# BIG SWEAR WORD) kilos! I dunno
but rekon was 18 the last time i weighed in at that!!!! (40) this year.

Well as soon as ive finished this frosty thats it! hahahahahaha

No thats shockin come Monday.....Bang thats it gotta stop

Haha ... Don't go by BMI or any of that garbage mate - set yourself a realistic goal and go for it. BMI says I should be 77kgs, and that would make me a stick figure!! At my peak playing professional league, I was on a dietary program, 4 x 1.5 hour weight sessions per week, and 3 x 2 hour training sessions plus the game itself on top of that, and even then I was weighing in at around 93-94kgs as a front/second rower getting told I was too small !!!!! LOL!!!

I'm going for 25kgs as that will do nothing else but get me under 100 and from there I'll see what goes. Nowhere near 77kgs (just won't happen), but figure 25 less is about 2.6 slabs of beer in weight gone off the frame and the knees and ankles will thank me for it!!

growler2058
29th April 2011, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=Bigrig;72477] as a front/second rower

A rower huh i thought you'd played footy or somethin!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAh
I got the tub of fibre the vitamins get the shakes tomorrow

patch697
29th April 2011, 04:25 PM
U looking for a sponsor???

Im looking for a dietitian. I need a dietitian.....lolol...... Not that funny really

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Bigrig;72477] as a front/second rower

A rower huh i thought you'd played footy or somethin!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAh
I got the tub of fibre the vitamins get the shakes tomorrow

lol .... clown!!!

Yeah, don't forget the fibre people!! Keeps you ... well ... let's say "slick, smooth and odorless"!!! LMFAO!!!

patch697
29th April 2011, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=growlers71gq;72480]

lol .... clown!!!

Yeah, don't forget the fibre people!! Keeps you ... well ... let's say "slick, smooth and odorless"!!! LMFAO!!!

Now tell me where's the bloody fun in that???...............ROFLMAO

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=Bigrig;72503]

Now tell me where's the bloody fun in that???...............ROFLMAO

The morning 'constitutional' won't be the same experience let me tell you!!! LOL!!!

Sir Roofy
29th April 2011, 06:08 PM
Hi Roofys boss here. After long talks and deliberations we have both decided to be in on this weight loss/fund raising venture. Only one problem. I wont put my weight up on forum but will record losses and gains of course. We are both ready to start on Monday and Roofy needs to lose around 10 k and me around 15 k or more.

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 07:30 PM
Hi Roofys boss here. After long talks and deliberations we have both decided to be in on this weight loss/fund raising venture. Only one problem. I wont put my weight up on forum but will record losses and gains of course. We are both ready to start on Monday and Roofy needs to lose around 10 k and me around 15 k or more.

On ya Mrs Roofy!!!! One of you has to have some control!!! LOL!!!!

Clunk
29th April 2011, 07:36 PM
On ya Mrs Roofy!!!! One of you has to have some control!!! LOL!!!!

just keep of the fibre if you want to keep full control lmao

NissanGQ4.2
29th April 2011, 07:40 PM
Sorry mate, I'm totally against this thread, I'm very happy 2 eat sh!T and drink lots, i know one day i will die, but hey i figure 1 day i will die any way, just remember whats bad 4 you 1 day is always good for u another, well that's what the docs and scientist keep telling me, its good when they admit wrong.

Bigrig
29th April 2011, 07:52 PM
Sorry mate, I'm totally against this thread, I'm very happy 2 eat sh!T and drink lots, i know one day i will die, but hey i figure 1 day i will die any way, just remember whats bad 4 you 1 day is always good for u another, well that's what the docs and scientist keep telling me, its good when they admit wrong.

I'll take that approach when they have a pill to cure all and it's proven to work ... LOL!!!!!!

the ferret
29th April 2011, 08:12 PM
Cor blimey, judging by your avatar Kat, the Lapband worked a treat!!;);)

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 03:16 AM
I can't wait to get rid of my man b00bs and be a yummie daddy! lol

Sorry, it's really late and I need to go to bed. I'm not drunk, just very tired from w w w you know.

growler2058
30th April 2011, 07:14 AM
Dogs been walked for 45mins and then 25min jog just in case anyone felt a tremmor couldnt get the baby elephant music outa my head tho ahhahahahahahahahaha

Gunna do poached egg on wholegrain bread (1piece) with lowfat cottage cheese mmmmm gunna be interesting

Get shakes later today

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 08:11 AM
Dogs been walked for 45mins and then 25min jog just in case anyone felt a tremmor couldnt get the baby elephant music outa my head tho ahhahahahahahahahaha

Gunna do poached egg on wholegrain bread (1piece) with lowfat cottage cheese mmmmm gunna be interesting

Get shakes later today

Good lad ... family wanted to go out for a feed last night so we had an early one at Sizzler (last of the big spenders!! lol). I've never even heard of the green stuff I hoovered last night!!!! LMFAO

it's a killer watching everyone else eat those potato skins and cheesy bread!!!!

Bring it on!!! The resolve is strong!!!!

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 10:14 AM
just keep of the fibre if you want to keep full control lmao

And when you're exercising, be careful when you do squats. lol

patch697
30th April 2011, 10:19 AM
Good lad ... family wanted to go out for a feed last night so we had an early one at Sizzler (last of the big spenders!! lol). I've never even heard of the green stuff I hoovered last night!!!! LMFAO

it's a killer watching everyone else eat those potato skins and cheesy bread!!!!

Mate thats the spirit & just for that Im gonna follow your great example.

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 10:19 AM
And when you're exercising, be careful when you do squats. lol

ROFLMFAO!!! Could get quite awkward if you work in a shoe store doing fittings!!!! LOL

patch697
30th April 2011, 10:21 AM
ROFLMFAO!!! Could get quite awkward if you work in a shoe store doing fittings!!!! LOL

Is this about that fiber thing you 2 have been going on about??????

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 10:23 AM
Is this about that fiber thing you 2 have been going on about??????

Yep - bending down to assist a fitting of a size 7 to a grandma's corned and calloused feet after a fill of fibre might prove too much for the ring gear to bare!!!! LMFAO!!!

patch697
30th April 2011, 10:32 AM
Yep - bending down to assist a fitting of a size 7 to a grandma's corned and calloused feet after a fill of fibre might prove too much for the ring gear to bare!!!! LMFAO!!!

Thats getting me worried..... The old valve spring as got a few miles on it now.....lolol

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 10:36 AM
Thats getting me worried..... The old valve spring as got a few miles on it now.....lolol

I have to say it I'm sorry - but read this one whilst I'm on the crapper and seriously giggling to myself!!!! Classic!!! The "old valve spring"!!!!! roflmfao ....

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 10:37 AM

Fake it till ya make it! lol. Pretend you enjoy your newly acquired tastebuds until you actually do.

My resolve is strong too, Scotty. Sounds like we both made a decision and have stuck to it. If I've still got the munchies, I drink water - heaps of it.
That helps me fill my belly up.

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 10:38 AM
I have to say it I'm sorry - but read this one whilst I'm on the crapper and seriously giggling to myself!!!! Classic!!! The "old valve spring"!!!!! roflmfao ....

Make sure you wash your hands. lol

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 10:41 AM
Fake it till ya make it! lol. Pretend you enjoy your newly acquired tastebuds until you actually do.

My resolve is strong too, Scotty. Sounds like we both made a decision and have stuck to it. If I've still got the munchies, I drink water - heaps of it.
That helps me fill my belly up.

Thanks boss - even had my first Friday night since I can remember an didn't have a drink!! Drank soda water at sizzler ... I might be taking this too seriously!!! LOL

growler2058
30th April 2011, 10:47 AM
Drank soda water at sizzler ... I might be taking this too seriously!!! LOL[/QUOTE]

Oh mate at least give it a squeeze of lemon juice yuk and pretend its lemonade hahhahahhayuk

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 10:50 AM
Drank soda water at sizzler ... I might be taking this too seriously!!! LOL

Oh mate at least give it a squeeze of lemon juice yuk and pretend its lemonade hahhahahhayuk[/QUOTE]

Haha .. nah, I actually like soda water - better than still anyway!! Side note, having the second last smoke right now from a pack I bought on Thursday - 24 durries in a 48 hour period is a real achievement for me as those who know me will testify to!!! Not off them, but have at least if not more than halved them overnight!!

MudRunnerTD
30th April 2011, 10:51 AM
So how is the list looking?? Who is on board for this?

MudRunnerTD
30th April 2011, 10:56 AM
Come Monday morning weigh in we should start another thread

"Weigh In Here"

It should start from page 1 and be for results only... This thread can be the chat thread and that be the results thread??

What do we think?

Just called a Life Long Mate and told him he should do it with me.
He got a 40th birthday gift of a voucher to Jump out of a Plane....
He is now 43 and cant get under the threshold weigh to use the voucher.

I told him that he and i will get under the threshold (100kg) and jump out of the plane on Melbourne Cup Weekend! I'm 20 over!

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 10:56 AM
So how is the list looking?? Who is on board for this?

A fair few - I'll collate the numbers and post up names etc tomorrow arvo ready for Monday - weigh in Monday morning and if you don't want to post your weight, PM it to me and I'll keep a spreadsheet of everyone's weekly weigh in ...

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 10:57 AM
Come Monday morning weigh in we should start another thread

"Weigh In Here"

It should start from page 1 and be for results only... This thread can be the chat thread and that be the results thread??

What do we think?

Just called a Life Long Mate and told him he should do it with me.
He got a 40th birthday gift of a voucher to Jump out of a Plane....
He is now 43 and cant get under the threshold weigh to use the voucher.

I told him that he and i will get under the threshold (100kg) and jump out of the plane on Melbourne Cup Weekend! I'm 20 over!

Good on ya mate!! Have you done it before?? It's a dead set thrill ride and certainly worth losing weight for!!!

growler2058
30th April 2011, 11:01 AM
Side note, having the second last smoke right now from a pack I bought on Thursday - 24 durries in a 48 hour period is a real achievement for me as those who know me will testify to!!! Not off them, but have at least if not more than halved them overnight!![/QUOTE]

Well done fella!!

Just got back from gettin tony ferguson shakes gave em a crack this time last year all good. But then got slack xmas till now lost 15 have put 11 back on. still up 4 or down rather from when started probably good timimg that scotty you've come up with this idea. One thing that i really noticed work was to drink a minimum of two litres of water throughout the day not all at once. The daughter rekoned she had never seen me drink water....and gotta say was not a real fan of it to start with, but dont mind water now even Fu!@#n Adelaide water gunna be a shock when the desal comes online and we r drinkin distilled water yuk. Anyway drinking water keeps you hydrated obviously but flushes you out as well and definately helps the FAT fall off

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 11:06 AM
OK, we're all talking the same lingo. Now here's some fact.

I started my 'alternate lifestyle' by eating healthy and exercising at least 30 mins a day on most days, from 24th March.

In 37 days, I've lost 7.8kg (17.2 pounds sounds more). Mightn't sound a lot, but it's a lifestyle change.

My exercise has been gym work, bicycle riding and walking.

Here's a conversion chart to help you convert kg's to lb's and vice versa. http://www.manuelsweb.com/kg_lbs.htm

Remember, you should (I'd prefer to use the word 'must') see your doctor first to get your blood pressure checked,
cholesterol monitored, ect, and anything thing else you're too scared to ask your spouse or parents about.

I make a list of questions to ask my doctor. That way I don't forget anything, AND, I can write down his
answers so I don't forget later on down the track.

Many blokes have pride when it comes to seeing a doctor. Time to let down your guard, guys.
Please, see your doctor sooner rather than later, for my sake, your sake, and your families' sake.

Looking forward to seeing all you Trim Taught and Terriffic people in 2012, if not sooner.

Take care out there. Hup, hup, hup. lolololol

Rossco

growler2058
30th April 2011, 11:12 AM

I started my 'alternate lifestyle' by eating healthy and exercising at least 30 mins a day on most days, from 24th March.

In 37 days, I've lost 7.8kg (17.2 pounds sounds more). Mightn't sound a lot, but it's a lifestyle change.

Here's a conversion chart to help you convert kg's to lb's and vice versa. http://www.manuelsweb.com/kg_lbs.htm

Remember, you should (I'd prefer to use the word 'must') see your doctor first to get your blood pressure checked,
cholesterol monitored, ect, and anything thing else you're too scared to ask your spouse or parents about.

I make a list of questions to ask my doctor. That way I don't forget anything, AND, I can write down his

Many blokes have pride when it comes to seeing a doctor. Time to let down your guard, guys.
Please, see your doctor sooner rather than later, for my sake, your sake, and your families' sake.

Looking forward to seeing all you Trim Taught and Terriffic people in 2012, if not sooner.

Rossco

I'm not ready for the rubber glove treatment yet

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 11:12 AM

Rossco

Good on ya Rossco!!

I did go to the doctors once and told him to have a look at something for me. He told me the same thing as you just did, "no such thing as a silly question, what's the problem". So I undid my fly and put it up on the table. After a few minutes scrutinizing it, he said he couldn't see any problems, and I said "I know, but isn't it a beauty!!!". LMFAO!!!

Don't be scared of the quacks lads - as per the posts I put up last year, my brother had a double heart attack at 44 in November and is in a bad way ... no time like the present and I too will be getting the full "124 point inspection" throughout this process as well!!

Good luck with it everyone, and here's to sucking down a coldie at the 2012 bash knowing we've earned it!!!

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=MudRunnerTD;72921]Come Monday morning weigh in we should start another thread

"Weigh In Here"

What do we think?

Excellent idea. Maybe AB could make it a sticky, so it doesn't get lost.

This is a ground breaking inovation, proudly brought to you by Bigrig

Thanks MR. Top suggestion.

growler2058
30th April 2011, 11:14 AM
Sounds good

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 11:16 AM
I did go to the doctors once and told him to have a look at something for me. He told me the same thing as you just did, "no such thing as a silly question, what's the problem". So I undid my fly and put it up on the table. After a few minutes scrutinizing it, he said he couldn't see any problems, and I said "I know, but isn't it a beauty!!!". LMFAO!!!

You're a worry!! Ya nearly cost me a keyboard. I've got the same problem. lol

patch697
30th April 2011, 11:33 AM

Rossco

Top effort Rossco & I'll be calling on you for advice & inspiration as well.

patch697
30th April 2011, 11:36 AM
You're a worry!! Ya nearly cost me a keyboard. I've got the same problem. lol

ROFLMAO..................X2

You know thats going to be playing through my mind when next im in the Docs......... Im stuffed if I know how im gonna keep a straight face thatr day..........lololol

Bob
30th April 2011, 11:39 AM
Fuel Usuage is going to improve on a few Patrols after this and also you will get better clearance Off Road due to carrying less Weight

Good Luck to everyone and I hope you all achieve your Weight Loss Goals.

growler2058
30th April 2011, 11:41 AM
Cheers Bob Its gunna be a cheap way of gettin a 6" lift

patch697
30th April 2011, 11:42 AM
Fuel Usuage is going to improve on a few Patrols after this and also you will get better clearance Off Road due to carrying less Weight

Good Luck to everyone and I hope you all achieve your Weight Loss Goals.

Fuel consumption & ground clearance ?????..................... Very inspirational words Bob if I do say so....

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 12:12 PM

More k's out of the tyres, too. The list goes on and on........

patch697
30th April 2011, 12:15 PM
More k's out of the tyres, too. The list goes on and on........

Does that apply to cheese cutters as well??????..............Well I'll be stumped...........LMFAO........soon to be..... LMSAO

hekarewe
30th April 2011, 12:24 PM
have not been following this to closely due to work hours etc just want to clarify,,,,, wieght in is monday what time and where do i find the thread????? who is sponsering who and for how much???? and where is the charity money going???/ and how are we keeping everyone honest with there weights????? i know questions questions just thought i would ask...

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 12:26 PM
Does that apply to cheese cutters as well??????..............Well I'll be stumped...........LMFAO........soon to be..... LMSAO
Of course it does. LMSAO. haha

growler2058
30th April 2011, 12:30 PM
have not been following this to closely due to work hours etc just want to clarify,,,,, wieght in is monday what time and where do i find the thread????? who is sponsering who and for how much???? and where is the charity money going???/ and how are we keeping everyone honest with there weights????? i know questions questions just thought i would ask...

Rekon Biggus Riggus is setting up donations to canteen and the first weigh in will be Mon anytime from midnight sunday I think the lads are gunna start anutha thread just for weigh in info and keep this one goin for chatting dunno bout the rest im gunna get wifey and baby to sponsor me and will prob sponsor meself wifey will keep me honest haahahahahaha if she gets her way she'd flog me like a borrowed horse hahhhahaha stay tuned Scotty is away but as the instigator will fill us all in later i rekon stay tuned

DX grunt
30th April 2011, 12:31 PM

Stay tuned. It'll all start Monday. I think Scotty's in the negotiation process as we speak.

Keeping everybody honest?? IMHO, people are only fooling themselves if they lie about their weight.

The only thing I've got to lose with this challenge, is weight. lol

It's not a competition to beat everybody else, it's a 'rise to the challenge' and beat yourself.

My few kg's worth. lol

katwoman
30th April 2011, 12:41 PM

I'll sponsor roofy and boss, that way i can see of they cheating or not. $5 kilo each.
And offer my services for the rubber gloves !!

Sir Roofy
30th April 2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks kat that will inspirer us to keep at it

hekarewe
30th April 2011, 01:13 PM
Stay tuned. It'll all start Monday. I think Scotty's in the negotiation process as we speak.

Keeping everybody honest?? IMHO, people are only fooling themselves if they lie about their weight.

The only thing I've got to lose with this challenge, is weight. lol

It's not a competition to beat everybody else, it's a 'rise to the challenge' and beat yourself.

My few kg's worth. lol

I do relise that,,,,, some what pissed at myself as i i had lost 30 kilos bit over 12 months ago and then put most of it back on agian!!!!!!1 so need to motovate myself to the same level to do it all agian and then go onto the wieght that i want.

hekarewe
30th April 2011, 01:14 PM
I'll sponsor roofy and boss, that way i can see of they cheating or not. $5 kilo each.
And offer my services for the rubber gloves !!

RUBBER GLOVE!!!!!!! your a scary woman you are!!!!! will not be turning my back on you!!!!! LOL

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 01:39 PM

I'll post up all relevant information tomorrow mate once we finalise numbers.

Ps - sent you a PM also about the QLD trip away - can you and the family make this one?

Warnie
1st May 2011, 08:12 AM
I'm in boys and girls. At least 15kgs from me.

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 09:31 AM
I'm in boys and girls. At least 15kgs from me.

Good lad!! I'll pop up details today and kick off a new thread for weekly weighin's.

growler2058
1st May 2011, 09:33 AM
After my little jog yesterday i have discovered pain never thought possible!! How can my hair to my toenails feel like this hahahahahahahahahhahahha

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 10:02 AM
After my little jog yesterday i have discovered pain never thought possible!! How can my hair to my toenails feel like this hahahahahahahahahhahahha

LOL!!! Yep, everything hurts .. having had two knee reconstructions, a broken back and an ankle reconstruction (that was a bad one) road running is not an option for me unfortunately .... or fortunately depending on how you look at it!!! LOL ...

Try a brisk walk mate - seriously does just as much (deep breath whilst doing it), and you'll go further for longer ... Less pain, less stress on your body and heaps more chance you'll actually keep doing it as it doesn't feel so much like a chore and exercising.

We got a treadmill so that alleviates 90% of the impact problem - now just the problem of actually using it!!!

Airstrike
1st May 2011, 10:07 AM
Is there to be an offical weigh in............. I might need to go to the butchers for the scales LOL!

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 10:10 AM
Is there to be an offical weigh in............. I might need to go to the butchers for the scales LOL!

Use the local tip scales - that's my plan - sit on the scales, tell me the weight, jump out, weigh the car and subtract the difference!!!! LOL!!!!

growler2058
1st May 2011, 10:22 AM
LOL!!!

We got a treadmill so that alleviates 90% of the impact problem - now just the problem of actually using it!!!

Yeah the tread mill caused me this pain wife says something about lactic acid and to do it again today so when theyre out ill go punish meself for my bad habits over the last umteen years.....but i'll pretend that i love it haahahahahhaah

Airstrike
1st May 2011, 10:23 AM
thats what i need a treadmill for the knees.

growler2058
1st May 2011, 10:30 AM
thats what i need a treadmill for the knees.

Like big rig said a good walk can have the same effect as a run but with less stress on the joints, my main pain is from a herniated (slipped) disc thats a reoccuring thing but walking is fine on it

DX grunt
1st May 2011, 10:46 AM
I'll bring my scales and a tape measure to Loveday. Don't wanna see all that hard work go to waste.

Weigh in & measure up will be outside my campsite, daily, at 0600hrs. Males to the left, females to the right.
The only acceptable attire for males for the weigh in, is their favourite budgies. Females exempt from this rule. lol hahahaha

nowoolies
1st May 2011, 11:01 AM
I'll bring my scales and a tape measure to Loveday. Don't wanna see all that hard work go to waste.

Weigh in & measure up will be outside my campsite, daily, at 0600hrs. Males to the left, females to the right.
The only acceptable attire for males for the weigh in, is their favourite budgies. Females exempt from this rule. lol hahahaha

with the temp down there,...... at that hour ... and thats a tad sexist hahahahah

oh morning Ross

DX grunt
1st May 2011, 12:31 PM
with the temp down there,...... at that hour ... and thats a tad sexist hahahahah

oh morning Ross

Of course there's going to be separate his/hers facilities

Stop avoiding the fact that you need to "tuffen up Princess" lol

DX grunt
1st May 2011, 12:40 PM
This thread has really taken off. Nearly 250 'hits' a day.

Well done peeps. lol

nowoolies
1st May 2011, 12:55 PM
Of course there's going to be separate his/hers facilities

Stop avoiding the fact that you need to "tuffen up Princess" lol

the ice will toughen up all wont it hahahahahahaah bits dropping off everywhere .......
hay sir you a ledgend what a way too loose weight

Clunk
1st May 2011, 01:27 PM
Don't forget to add me in Scotty, although I may be a late starter

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 03:21 PM
Don't forget to add me in Scotty, although I may be a late starter

Too easy old mate!!

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 03:24 PM

My only pair of budgie smugglers is a 'G' and I have a tendency to wear it back to front ... shouldn't be a problem should it??? LMFAO!!!

Clunk
1st May 2011, 03:25 PM
My only pair of budgie smugglers is a 'G' and I have a tendency to wear it back to front ... shouldn't be a problem should it??? LMFAO!!!

time for sausage and boiled eggs is it????????? hahahahahaha

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 03:28 PM
time for sausage and boiled eggs is it????????? hahahahahaha

Hahaha ... You're right there brother ... unfortunately it's like emu eggs with a chippolata!!!! roflmfao!!

Bob
1st May 2011, 03:29 PM
Hey Bigrig can you PM the details of how to pay the Sponsorship. I will pay now and if you dont make the Cut I will work out some retribution LOL

Clunk
1st May 2011, 03:30 PM
Hahaha ... You're right there brother ... unfortunately it's like emu eggs with a chippolata!!!! roflmfao!!

hahahahahaha stop it , I've just got over one coughing fit, don't want another roflmao

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 03:38 PM
Hey Bigrig can you PM the details of how to pay the Sponsorship. I will pay now and if you dont make the Cut I will work out some retribution LOL

Will do mate - I'll jump on the laptop and organise the details etc - you'll need to hold the payment though till Canteen give me the PayPal or EFT details.

Thanks again for your support mate!!

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 03:39 PM
hahahahahaha stop it , I've just got over one coughing fit, don't want another roflmao

Sorry boss!!! LOL!! but it was there for the taking!!!

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 05:12 PM
Righto

I'll post up a new thread later tonight with the names of those involved, target weight loss provided so far, etc, etc - I'll keep a separate spreadsheet so if you don't want to put up your weight, PM it to me and I'll keep it discrete and only note the actual loss of weight on the forum each week.

Generally speaking, if you don't take in a lot of water now (at least two litres per day, but more if using heavy protein shakes etc), then you'll find you shed a large amount in the first week as your body adapts to receiving water and hence doesn't retain fluid - most people lose most weight in the first week or two due to this and not metabolism of fat. My point being, don't be hard on yourself if you lose 4kgs in the first week, and then find you're only losing 1kg a week after that - it's normal and quick weight loss is not only bad for you, but you stand the very real prospect of putting it straight back on again as all you have done is shock the body without building a habit. 1-2kg's per week is heaps and you should certainly not expect to maintain this - as said, it's not healthy and sets unrealistic targets that you may fail to achieve and subsequently lose faith in the process.

I'm not a doctor, I have done extensive nutritional training though, but am not a nutritionist, and as every persons physiological makeup is different, as well as how you metabolize fats, proteins, sugars etc, so what works for you, does not necessarily mean it will work for others and vice versa. All I would say is to attempt to reduce as many sugars (not complex carbs that are low GI and break down slower and keep you full for longer) and every gram of fibre offsets carbohydrate sugars (basically) - that is, if something says 8 grams of sugars and 3 grams of fibre, the fibre offsets the carbs, and hence it is said to be a 5 gram intake of carbs, no fibre ... with me??

If you're going protein diets/shakes, then ensure as said you increase your water intake as your liver and kidneys will be screaming as your body starts to burn protein instead of fat and glycogen (glycogen stores in your liver) - I would suggest not replacing all meals and ensure you don't overload in meat as a protein source - you are taking in protein which is good, but also animal fats which are saturated and will shoot your good cholesterol through the roof. White foods should be avoided like rice, white bread, potato, pasta etc - avoid pumpkin and sweet potato also - high in starch which is sugar. Don't remove bread altogether though as you want grains, try to get low GI multigrain - if not, buy some brazil nuts (the best of the nuts for low fats, low sugars, and high protein), sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.

Fruit is obviously going to be high on the agenda, but again full of sugars (natural yes, but if you aren't doing enough exercise to burn them off, your body will convert it to fat stores over about a 24-48 period as an easy source of energy and you are back to square one). Try not to take fruit in after about 3pm also - most (not all, we all different remember) people have their peak natural metabolic rate (not one induced through activity) in the middle of the day/early afternoon, so this is where you need to slow down the rate of intake.

Vegetables are also not just open slather - some are higher in naturally occurring carbohydrates. Ones to avoid are carrots, peas, beetroot, corn, squash, parsnip. Most others are rock solid and you should look to have two serves of green vegetables per day - mushrooms are especially good, high in protein, super low in carbs.

Grazing through the day is ideal - less than fist sized portions (in total) five or six times a day - this will (no matter who you are) force your body to recognize there is no need for food storage as it were as it is constantly being fed - no storage, means no love handles. The only problem with this is our lifestyles which often don't permit us to stop when we want and eat, or to have access to the right types of food when we are on the go.

Celery sticks are our friend. You can put some low fat Philadelphia cream spread on it for flavor/texture if you need. Being high in fibrous cellulose, celery actually provides the body less nutritional value than what it takes the body to burn it off, and hence weightloss. Don't go silly with the spread though.

I would strongly suggest you take a well known multi-vitamin daily as well as fish oil/omega3 to keep the heart healthy and the brain ticking over - the brain is made up of a large amount of omega3, and no point in dieting only to starve the brain also.

For those of you going on low carb shakes, diets etc, please be ultra careful - after about 3 to 4 days your bodies natural blood glucose levels will drop and hypoglycemia is a real threat. Symptoms such as cramps, headaches, irritability, etc can be definite signs, and if not addressed, it can get worse from there to such things as organ failure etc, so don't dismiss it (yes, this is the extreme end of it, but don't discount it). If you do think you are progressing well, but start feeling "just not right" then stop the program you are on - take in something high in carbohydrates such as a couple of pieces of white bread (nearly the entire daily recommended intake of simple sugars in this alone!!!) and if you feel better after a short period - real short, it happens quick, no more than an hour or so - then more than likely you were suffering this. Re-assess your program to substitute some fruit in instead of one of the protein meals to increase your blood glucose back to near normal - it generally won't mean you'll stop losing weight and you'll be better off for it.

Irrespective of the program you are intending, lifestyle is to remembered at all times - if you know you won't be able to sustain a healthy lifestyle applying a similar eating regime etc when you finish your program, then possibly re-assess it. No point drinking shakes, exercising more than normal, stopping drinking, removing carbs etc if you can't continue this in a healthy fashion once the program completes. You're setting yourself up for failure by more than likely putting the weight back on when you resume your normal lifestyle.

I had to do nutritional courses etc when I played professionally, but as said, I am not a nutritionist. If you are in doubt, please go see one and certainly see your doctor some stage early in the piece to ensure your insides are benefiting just as much as your outsides!!! I do have some knowledge in the space though and a range of reference material for various sorts of diet types.

If you've got any questions, queries, concerns or otherwise, please don't hesitate to let me know and use the group as a means of support - it is not easy, if it was, we'd all be our ideal weight all of the time!

Hopefully this all makes sense and certainly I hope it will assist. The very best of luck to you all in achieving your goal and here's to raising some dollars for a very worthwhile cause!!!

Clunk
1st May 2011, 05:18 PM
nice one littlus biggus

Yendor
1st May 2011, 05:56 PM
I am in.

How do you know or find out what weight you should be?

growler2058
1st May 2011, 06:21 PM
I am in.

How do you know or find out what weight you should be?

My missus went online and googled body mass indicator calculator or similar and what a nasty shock it was. As biggus said earlier tho that is somewhat unrealistic

katwoman
1st May 2011, 07:10 PM
Good luck to all for their weigh in tomorrow. Go the Roofy's !!

nowoolies
1st May 2011, 10:01 PM
for my weight i should be about 7' 6"

tracemul7
1st May 2011, 10:57 PM
count me in! I havent been around much recently - but will try make an effort to keep the updates happening :)

DX grunt
1st May 2011, 11:12 PM
Righto

I'll post up a new thread later tonight with the names of those involved, target weight loss provided so far, etc, etc - I'll keep a separate spreadsheet so if you don't want to put up your weight, PM it to me and I'll keep it discrete and only note the actual loss of weight on the forum each week.

Generally speaking, if you don't take in a lot of water now (at least two litres per day, but more if using heavy protein shakes etc), then you'll find you shed a large amount in the first week as your body adapts to receiving water and hence doesn't retain fluid - most people lose most weight in the first week or two due to this and not metabolism of fat. My point being, don't be hard on yourself if you lose 4kgs in the first week, and then find you're only losing 1kg a week after that - it's normal and quick weight loss is not only bad for you, but you stand the very real prospect of putting it straight back on again as all you have done is shock the body without building a habit. 1-2kg's per week is heaps and you should certainly not expect to maintain this - as said, it's not healthy and sets unrealistic targets that you may fail to achieve and subsequently lose faith in the process.

I'm not a doctor, I have done extensive nutritional training though, but am not a nutritionist, and as every persons physiological makeup is different, as well as how you metabolize fats, proteins, sugars etc, so what works for you, does not necessarily mean it will work for others and vice versa. All I would say is to attempt to reduce as many sugars (not complex carbs that are low GI and break down slower and keep you full for longer) and every gram of fibre offsets carbohydrate sugars (basically) - that is, if something says 8 grams of sugars and 3 grams of fibre, the fibre offsets the carbs, and hence it is said to be a 5 gram intake of carbs, no fibre ... with me??

If you're going protein diets/shakes, then ensure as said you increase your water intake as your liver and kidneys will be screaming as your body starts to burn protein instead of fat and glycogen (glycogen stores in your liver) - I would suggest not replacing all meals and ensure you don't overload in meat as a protein source - you are taking in protein which is good, but also animal fats which are saturated and will shoot your good cholesterol through the roof. White foods should be avoided like rice, white bread, potato, pasta etc - avoid pumpkin and sweet potato also - high in starch which is sugar. Don't remove bread altogether though as you want grains, try to get low GI multigrain - if not, buy some brazil nuts (the best of the nuts for low fats, low sugars, and high protein), sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.

Fruit is obviously going to be high on the agenda, but again full of sugars (natural yes, but if you aren't doing enough exercise to burn them off, your body will convert it to fat stores over about a 24-48 period as an easy source of energy and you are back to square one). Try not to take fruit in after about 3pm also - most (not all, we all different remember) people have their peak natural metabolic rate (not one induced through activity) in the middle of the day/early afternoon, so this is where you need to slow down the rate of intake.

Vegetables are also not just open slather - some are higher in naturally occurring carbohydrates. Ones to avoid are carrots, peas, beetroot, corn, squash, parsnip. Most others are rock solid and you should look to have two serves of green vegetables per day - mushrooms are especially good, high in protein, super low in carbs.

Grazing through the day is ideal - less than fist sized portions (in total) five or six times a day - this will (no matter who you are) force your body to recognize there is no need for food storage as it were as it is constantly being fed - no storage, means no love handles. The only problem with this is our lifestyles which often don't permit us to stop when we want and eat, or to have access to the right types of food when we are on the go.

Celery sticks are our friend. You can put some low fat Philadelphia cream spread on it for flavor/texture if you need. Being high in fibrous cellulose, celery actually provides the body less nutritional value than what it takes the body to burn it off, and hence weightloss. Don't go silly with the spread though.

I would strongly suggest you take a well known multi-vitamin daily as well as fish oil/omega3 to keep the heart healthy and the brain ticking over - the brain is made up of a large amount of omega3, and no point in dieting only to starve the brain also.

For those of you going on low carb shakes, diets etc, please be ultra careful - after about 3 to 4 days your bodies natural blood glucose levels will drop and hypoglycemia is a real threat. Symptoms such as cramps, headaches, irritability, etc can be definite signs, and if not addressed, it can get worse from there to such things as organ failure etc, so don't dismiss it (yes, this is the extreme end of it, but don't discount it). If you do think you are progressing well, but start feeling "just not right" then stop the program you are on - take in something high in carbohydrates such as a couple of pieces of white bread (nearly the entire daily recommended intake of simple sugars in this alone!!!) and if you feel better after a short period - real short, it happens quick, no more than an hour or so - then more than likely you were suffering this. Re-assess your program to substitute some fruit in instead of one of the protein meals to increase your blood glucose back to near normal - it generally won't mean you'll stop losing weight and you'll be better off for it.

Irrespective of the program you are intending, lifestyle is to remembered at all times - if you know you won't be able to sustain a healthy lifestyle applying a similar eating regime etc when you finish your program, then possibly re-assess it. No point drinking shakes, exercising more than normal, stopping drinking, removing carbs etc if you can't continue this in a healthy fashion once the program completes. You're setting yourself up for failure by more than likely putting the weight back on when you resume your normal lifestyle.

I had to do nutritional courses etc when I played professionally, but as said, I am not a nutritionist. If you are in doubt, please go see one and certainly see your doctor some stage early in the piece to ensure your insides are benefiting just as much as your outsides!!! I do have some knowledge in the space though and a range of reference material for various sorts of diet types.

If you've got any questions, queries, concerns or otherwise, please don't hesitate to let me know and use the group as a means of support - it is not easy, if it was, we'd all be our ideal weight all of the time!

Hopefully this all makes sense and certainly I hope it will assist. The very best of luck to you all in achieving your goal and here's to raising some dollars for a very worthwhile cause!!!

JEEZ, Bigrig - this is the most level headed thread I've ever seen you write. Who helped you? lol

Seriously. Thanks for your support, advice and assistance. This thread rocks!!!!!

Bigrig
1st May 2011, 11:53 PM
JEEZ, Bigrig - this is the most level headed thread I've ever seen you write. Who helped you? lol

Seriously. Thanks for your support, advice and assistance. This thread rocks!!!!!

Sorry mate - it's really set a precedent for me I don't know I'll be able to keep up!! LOL!!

hekarewe
2nd May 2011, 04:20 AM

i suddenly feel sick!!!!

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 08:44 AM
i suddenly feel sick!!!!

Remember......Words not pictures. Words not pictures. lol

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 09:04 AM
Well, it's officially started .....The nissanpatrol.com.au Weight Mod.

Congratulations, you've chosen to get the best performance out of your body,
by giving it a service and tune up. lol

It's great to see you've decided to spend some time, effort and cash on yourself - instead of your truck.

Whether you've decided to lose a little bit or a lot, you're 'family'!

Well done to Bigrig for making this concept a reality. There are 2 winners...us and Canteen.

Whether you've publicly told us your weight, or pm'd it to Big rig, you're part of a team!

I strongly recommend you see your doctor before commencing your venture.

There's moral help here if you are being challenged. Just ask.

We are all overcomers!!!!

Take care out there.

Ross

nowoolies
2nd May 2011, 09:47 AM
Well, it's officially started .....The nissanpatrol.com.au Weight Mod.

Congratulations, you've chosen to get the best performance out of your body,
by giving it a service and tune up. lol

It's great to see you've decided to spend some time, effort and cash on yourself - instead of your truck.

Whether you've decided to lose a little bit or a lot, you're 'family'!

Well done to Bigrig for making this concept a reality. There are 2 winners...us and Canteen.

Whether you've publicly told us your weight, or pm'd it to Big rig, you're part of a team!

I strongly recommend you see your doctor before commencing your venture.

There's moral help here if you are being challenged. Just ask.

We are all overcomers!!!!

Take care out there.

Ross

onya Ross ....

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 03:11 PM
Hey Bigrig

I think it would be a really nice idea to flick off an email to Canteen telling them what we are doing to raise money.

Something I prepared earlier

https://www.canteen.org.au/

Then they could put something in their news letter to promote our cause and this forum.

Glad you thought of it Scotty. lol

Take care and keep 'pounding' that footpath.

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 05:11 PM
Hey Bigrig

I think it would be a really nice idea to flick off an email to Canteen telling them what we are doing to raise money.

Something I prepared earlier

https://www.canteen.org.au/

Then they could put something in their news letter to promote our cause and this forum.

Glad you thought of it Scotty. lol

Take care and keep 'pounding' that footpath.

Great idea and will do!!!

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 08:21 PM
How's Day 1 going????

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 08:25 PM
great mate hows about you

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2011, 08:26 PM
alls good this end and keeping on track

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 08:29 PM
All good - good eating, and a good day of activity out at Ripley ...

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 08:29 PM
I've got to master my eating cycle. I'm starting to hit the gym and the treadmill and today, I nearly ate the fridge out.

All healthy stuff, but just got to work out when to eat before and after a workout.

BALANCE....apparently. lol

Any help from you guru's would be appreciated.

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 08:59 PM
I've got to master my eating cycle. I'm starting to hit the gym and the treadmill and today, I nearly ate the fridge out.

All healthy stuff, but just got to work out when to eat before and after a workout.

BALANCE....apparently. lol

Any help from you guru's would be appreciated.

More important to eat prior to a workout - reason for this (depending on the duration) is the body will immediately look for a nutrition source - generally the first thing attacked is the free form glycogen stores in your liver - from there the body will take the path of least resistance and convert protein to sugar before it will look to long term fat stores (that starts after about 45 minutes). The problem with going for protein first if you haven't eaten is that the easiest source of protein to convert is muscle tissue (no sh!t) and what you end up with is muscle deterioration/reduction (even if doing weights!!) and no use of fat stores. You want a good feed of protein about 30 minutes prior to training (about 30+ grams as this is about the maximum the body can assimilate and you will simply 'expel' the rest). Your metabolic rate increases whilst training and again dependent on the person and the duration of the session, you'll continue to burn at a high rate for sometime after training - this is where you want your body to go to the fat stores and not new protein/nutrition provided by eating within an hour or so after you finish.

With me?

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 09:04 PM
More important to eat prior to a workout - reason for this (depending on the duration) is the body will immediately look for a nutrition source - generally the first thing attacked is the free form glycogen stores in your liver - from there the body will take the path of least resistance and convert protein to sugar before it will look to long term fat stores (that starts after about 45 minutes). The problem with going for protein first if you haven't eaten is that the easiest source of protein to convert is muscle tissue (no sh!t) and what you end up with is muscle deterioration/reduction (even if doing weights!!) and no use of fat stores. You want a good feed of protein about 30 minutes prior to training (about 30+ grams as this is about the maximum the body can assimilate and you will simply 'expel' the rest). Your metabolic rate increases whilst training and again dependent on the person and the duration of the session, you'll continue to burn at a high rate for sometime after training - this is where you want your body to go to the fat stores and not new protein/nutrition provided by eating within an hour or so after you finish.

With me?

Now, what's that in English???

Thanks heaps. 2nd informative post today....you're on a roll.

Can you sign my book please, sir. lol. Well done Scotty.

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 09:07 PM

With me?

Soooo this would go for running as well yeah?

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:12 PM
Soooo this would go for running as well yeah?

Absolutely and even more so for aerobic activity like running - weights are anaerobic and actually strengthens muscle predominantly from 'breaking' the muscle fibrils as you workout (that's why you are sore the next day). When the fibrili mend themselves, they are actually stronger and thats what builds muscle bulk - the body uses protein and anaboles (spelling?) from the blood to repair the tissue and that's why you need protein for weights (and anaboles are the bodies natural body building amino acid and this is where the term 'anabolic' comes from in reference to steroids!!!).

nowoolies
2nd May 2011, 09:18 PM

With me?

ok all cool .............follow me ill be right behind you
if we follow your lead we will all be about .............65 kgs hahahahahahaah

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 09:18 PM
Absolutely and even more so for aerobic activity like running - weights are anaerobic and actually strengthens muscle predominantly from 'breaking' the muscle fibrils as you workout (that's why you are sore the next day). When the fibrili mend themselves, they are actually stronger and thats what builds muscle bulk - the body uses protein and anaboles (spelling?) from the blood to repair the tissue and that's why you need protein for weights (and anaboles are the bodies natural body building amino acid and this is where the term 'anabolic' comes from in reference to steroids!!!).

Good onya mate cheers. The plan is to do one day on the tread mill then next day gym. Got all this gear sittin in the back room covered in dust and cobwebs so no bloody excuses anymore

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 09:28 PM
Good onya mate cheers. The plan is to do one day on the tread mill then next day gym. Got all this gear sittin in the back room covered in dust and cobwebs so no bloody excuses anymore

Keep an eye on your tread mill. I have to spray stuff under the mat every few months. I forgot and nearly burnt the motor out. Place stunk of burnt wiring, but it came good after a soaking.

Google the brand and they might tell you how to maintain it.

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:29 PM
ok all cool .............follow me ill be right behind you
if we follow your lead we will all be about .............65 kgs hahahahahahaah

Not me boss! I know the conceptS but suck at executing them!!!! LOL

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:29 PM

Good lad!!!

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 09:30 PM
Not me boss! I know the conceptS but suck at executing them!!!! LOL

It's a damn good start! Keep those 'handy hints' flowing. lol

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:31 PM

Oh, and by the way if you do decide at some point to get really energetic and do both in the same day, then the running first every time - weights AFTER aerobic activity and not the other way around.

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 09:33 PM
You guys know the best and easiest way to burn calories quickly, right ?

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:34 PM
It's a damn good start! Keep those 'handy hints' flowing. lol

I'm sorta feeling like a really good mechanic that never actually works on his own car though!!! LOL ... I'll get there ... as we all will ...

Remember, every approx 2 kgs is literally another housebrick off your body that you aren't carrying around anymore!! I'm going for 12.5 housebricks by that thinking!!

nowoolies
2nd May 2011, 09:34 PM

tell me im all ears

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:36 PM

Ummm ... has it got anything to do with being horizontal? Or upside down, or on your knees, or any of a range of other positions???? LOL

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 09:37 PM
I'm sorta feeling like a really good mechanic that never actually works on his own car though!!! LOL ... I'll get there ... as we all will ...

Remember, every approx 2 kgs is literally another housebrick off your body that you aren't carrying around anymore!! I'm going for 12.5 housebricks by that thinking!!

I lifted up a weight of the weight that I've lost in the past 6 weeks (8kg) and was shocked. It's unbelievable.

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 09:37 PM
Oh, and by the way if you do decide at some point to get really energetic and do both in the same day, then the running first every time - weights AFTER aerobic activity and not the other way around.
If all goes well this week on the routine i'll move to every other day next week doin both on the same day........but one step ata time dont wanna burst a pooper valve just yet!! ahahahaha

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 09:39 PM
If all goes well this week on the routine i'll move to every other day next week doin both on the same day........but one step ata time dont wanna burst a pooper valve just yet!! ahahahaha

And be careful when you fluff. ROFPML

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 09:40 PM
Ummm ... has it got anything to do with being horizontal? Or upside down, or on your knees, or any of a range of other positions???? LOL

Got it in one !! I should of known better.

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:43 PM
Got it in one !! I should of known better.

Yeah, true!! lol

But then we'd all need sunglasses all of the time ... do you know why?? Now I'm getting very 'clinical'!!! LOL

nowoolies
2nd May 2011, 09:44 PM

oh i get it working on the PATROL right hahahahaah

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:44 PM
oh i get it working on the PATROL right hahahahaah

Hahaha!!!! Ok then ... two things it applies to!!! LOL

nowoolies
2nd May 2011, 09:48 PM
Hahaha!!!! Ok then ... two things it applies to!!! LOL

im married what else could it mean ???????????????????????

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:53 PM
im married what else could it mean ???????????????????????

Ummmm .... how can I put this so as to not get myself banned ...

Got it!!!

Think of it like 'doing the washing' - you know when both of you are involved, and theres heaps to wash, and hangout, and fold and it's hot, heavy, wet work.
Nothing like when you've only got half a load to do though, so you do it by hand!!!

ROFLMFAO!!!

nowoolies
2nd May 2011, 09:56 PM
oh polishing the 4x4 i get it now
thanks hahahahahaahahah

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 10:00 PM
oh polishing the 4x4 i get it now
thanks hahahahahaahahah

There you go!! LOL

nowoolies
2nd May 2011, 10:45 PM
There you go!! LOL

my bus is gunna get real shiney hay

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2011, 09:19 AM
Can we keep the chat to this thread rather than the weigh in thread please or the weigh in thread will be a write off for keeping numbers which is what it is for.

Please?

Thanks guys and gals

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 09:21 AM
Can we keep the chat to this thread rather than the weigh in thread please or the weigh in thread will be a write off for keeping numbers which is what it is for.

Please?

Thanks guys and gals

Good call MR.

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2011, 09:22 AM
There you go I'll whack it all here... I know i know i aint a Mod but really want to keep this on track guys.... Cheers

sounds lousy mate but try water and a little cordial keep me sorta off the tucker

i am pre diabetic no sugar allowed unless natural stuff like fruit lol

what about the cotties new orange fruit cordial not sure if it would be ok

amost cordials have so sort of sugar added or presevaties that have sugars i need to get my ass back on the h2o and natural fruit juices no add suger and preservative types..

thats a bugger mate apart from water what else can you have ?????

there's actually a cordial called Diet Rite (I think) which should be ok for you, tis what I drink. I'm not diabetic but was very border line, had to change diet and cut down on everything........... didn;t lose any bloody weight though lol

yeh ill back that up ........no weight loss at all hahahahahahahaha

You can drink the diet drinks like sprite light (not coke though - caffeine inhibits the livers ability to process fats), but in moderation still - they are full of phenylketonurics that can cause a laxative effect amongst other things!! The blurter will be doing it tough enough with the detox and the fibre, so might be best not to place any more stress on it!! LOL

MMMMMMMMMM the interesting effects of taking fibre hahahaha

Oh yeah ... until all the (how else can I say it?) crap! is gone from your system, it will be like fizzy gravy for a while!!! lmfao

HAHAHAHAHAAH nasty business

thats means my head is gunna cave in hahahaha
how often are we going to do the weigh in ???????

Weekly ... don't go measuring yourself every day - pointless as most people rise and fall about 200-300 grams each day throughout the day from morning to night etc.

nowoolies
3rd May 2011, 09:29 AM
now its in two places hahahahaha

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2011, 09:33 AM
now its in two places hahahahaha

LOL, Yeah i know but i cant take it out from the other side, but here it will give it a bit of continuity for your chat...well that was my logic anyways?? ;)

Tony might clean it up a bit??

Just trying to keep it on track Woolie, its all good mate. ;)

nowoolies
3rd May 2011, 09:38 AM
LOL, Yeah i know but i cant take it out from the other side, but here it will give it a bit of continuity for your chat...well that was my logic anyways?? ;)

nah good call mate best all here i agree
last night hekarewe was sounding a bit down
was chatting with him didnt think about the location
good idea Tony or Paul who`s on now hopefully could sort it out please

patch697
3rd May 2011, 09:38 AM

Its all good & thanks MR..... It helps to keep thing on track......

If you need things moved just or deleted just say the word mate, one of us will work with you & tidy things up.

tracemul7
3rd May 2011, 09:52 PM
How is everyone finding it?
I went for a good walk tonight - 3.8km in 36mins, which i was pretty happy with :)

The most difficult thing i find it what to have for dinner, especially after exercise.
Any ideas what is best to have (or best to avoid)?

DX grunt
3rd May 2011, 09:55 PM
I went for a good walk tonight - 3.8km in 36mins, which i was pretty happy with :)

The most difficult thing i find it what to have for dinner, especially after exercise.

If you read back a few pages, Bigrig has given us a wealth of info. That should be a start.

DX grunt
3rd May 2011, 09:58 PM

Going good. Have a bit of a head start coz I started about 6 weeks ago. Like a couple of others, shift work doesn't help.
You get thrown right out of routine with eating and sleeping habits, not to mention your social life.

The good thing is, that we're here to support each other in our time of need.

Keep up the great work with your walking.

Take care out there.

Ross

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 10:03 PM

Going well also - finding as expected that I'm getting hungry in between meals, so grabbed some of those Atkins snack bars - high protein, but bugger all carbs ... they seem to do the trick!

MudRunnerTD
3rd May 2011, 11:18 PM
Yep had a few cravings today,

Giving up sugar for me is like giving up Smokes....Damn!

Got a head ache around mid day and had some nurefin and some water

Just need to break some bad habits

Sir Roofy
4th May 2011, 01:04 PM
We have been walking everyday too! Because we have just started we are only walking for 15-20 mins a day and are going to slowly work up to longer and more hilly. Food wise we are goning well so far too. Grill not fry, no dessert etc. and lots of stirfries. Feeling good and still keen.!

DX grunt
4th May 2011, 01:10 PM
We have been walking everyday too! Because we have just started we are only walking for 15-20 mins a day and are going to slowly work up to longer and more hilly. Food wise we are goning well so far too. Grill not fry, no dessert etc. and lots of stirfries. Feeling good and still keen.!

Good onya. Keep up the good work.

patch697
4th May 2011, 02:19 PM
Listen Guy's I know I said I wanted this but to tell you the truth with whats gone on in the last 4 months & is still ongoing im just flat, I have no will to do anything let alone commit to this so im bailing out.

Sorry all I know its for a good coarse & for all the right reasons but I just don't have it in me.

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 02:21 PM
Listen Guy's I know I said I wanted this but to tell you the truth with whats gone on in the last 4 months & is still ongoing im just flat, I have no will to do anything let alone commit to this so im bailing out.

Sorry all I know its for a good coarse & for all the right reasons but I just don't have it in me.

Fully understood and appreciated champion - one thing at a time!!!

patch697
4th May 2011, 02:26 PM
Fully understood and appreciated champion - one thing at a time!!!

Sorry Scotty................ I can see this could become an ongoing thing so maybe I can jump on board when im in a better place.

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 02:39 PM
Sorry Scotty................ I can see this could become an ongoing thing so maybe I can jump on board when im in a better place.

Hardly a challenge mate!!

Airstrike
4th May 2011, 09:12 PM
I officially start tomorrow Better late than never.

Sir Roofy
4th May 2011, 09:16 PM

good on mate its for a good cause and we benifit as well

Bigrig
4th May 2011, 09:36 PM

On ya champion!!! I'm but a phone call away if you want a "power shake" buddy!! LOL!!!!

DX grunt
5th May 2011, 08:55 AM

One day at a time, Paul. Today presents enough challenges without having to worry about tomorrow.

We're 'routing' for you, buddy. Keep in touch, hey.

Take care.

Rossco

DX grunt
5th May 2011, 09:25 AM
My story so far...... My weight challenge started seriously on 24th March, 2011.

I am on medication which could/would probably be attributed to my lifestyle and what goes down my gob.

Since I've started my lifestyle change, in only 6 weeks, I've halved one lot of tablets,
I'm starting to lose my belly and can just about see the tip of my......6pack. lol

My point being..... I strongly recommend if you are on any medication, see your doctor, if you haven't already
done so. Keep a really close eye on your health as you lose weight. If you have any doubt what so ever,
please, see your doctor, as soon as possible.

Apart from jumping out of my skin with joy, If I had not kept an eagle eye on my health, it could have gone the other way
as I'm getting fitter and becoming healthier,

In less than about 3 weeks, I've gone from taking a full tablet, to half strength to none!

I encourage you all to keep up with your endeavour - step by step, and to religiously monitor your health
and if you have any doubt what so ever, or notice any changes - see your doctor asap.

Take care.

Ross

DX grunt
5th May 2011, 09:29 AM

Great stuff, Ryan. We're all here to encourage you.

Bigrig
5th May 2011, 11:21 AM
Just so you know I'm doing it tough, today is day 10 without a beer!!! It's not right!!! For those that know me, that is gargantuan ... first time in 27 years I have gone more than a few days without a beer ... and I'm only 38 years old!! lmfao

But I'm sticking with it ... have had no spirits either, and three single glasses of wine over three different nights with dinner!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!

This had better work!!! LOL

Clunk
5th May 2011, 11:30 AM
well just walked the eldest to school, damn near killed me I tell ya, chest is still knackered, so will have to take it easy on the ol' excerise front until this is sorted............ healthy eating plan goin well though, never eated so much carrots and brocolli or salad for that matter hahahahahahaha

patch697
5th May 2011, 11:38 AM
One day at a time, Paul. Today presents enough challenges without having to worry about tomorrow.

We're 'routing' for you, buddy. Keep in touch, hey.

Take care.

Rossco

Your a hell of a nice bloke Ross & your support has, is & will always be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Brother.

growler2058
5th May 2011, 12:11 PM
Just so you know I'm doing it tough, today is day 10 without a beer!!! It's not right!!! For those that know me, that is gargantuan ... first time in 27 years I have gone more than a few days without a beer ... and I'm only 38 years old!! lmfao

But I'm sticking with it ... have had no spirits either, and three single glasses of wine over three different nights with dinner!!!

I hear ya mate 5 days for me without a brewski goin to a funeral and wake at a pub this evenin dunno if i can do a light beer may go a vino or scotch n soda

DX grunt
5th May 2011, 12:33 PM
Just so you know I'm doing it tough, today is day 10 without a beer!!!

have had no spirits either, and three single glasses of wine over three different nights with dinner!!!

Onya Scotty. Think of how much you've saved in 10 days. Put that money into your Tank's next mod. He'll appreciate it and thank you!!!!

I'm only allowed to have 2 standard drinks a day over a 7 day period, with 2 days no drinking at all.

That equates to 2 x mid strength or 1 x full strength. PPfffffff. I've decided not to drink at all. lol

Well done Adrian. Rome wasn't built in a day!

Take care out there.

Rossco

growler2058
6th May 2011, 10:53 AM
Gunna have to go for a biggus runnus tonight. Had to attend a funeral yesterday for wifeys grandad (101 and a half) and the wake after was at a pub.............................well need I say more. WAY too much beer, gunna have to flog meself like a borrowed horse to catch back up again.

Hows everyone elses effort going??

DX grunt
6th May 2011, 11:25 AM
Gunna have to go for a biggus runnus tonight. Had to attend a funeral yesterday for wifeys grandad (101 and a half) and the wake after was at a pub.............................well need I say more. WAY too much beer, gunna have to flog meself like a borrowed horse to catch back up again.

Good onya.

It's natural to slip occasionally. I've done it heaps, but all you need to do is to think fitness and health and get back on that track.

Keep looking forward and don't look back. Keep up the good work everybody.

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 11:30 AM

Going good mate - had to buy a new set of scales (damn this body!!! lol) .... I think the old ones were just feeling abused so they gave up the ghost - only problem is different scales different weigh in (as I bought a cheapy) so need to go get another digital set before Monday - that said, pretty happy with what the new scales are saying!!! lol ... just hope it holds true when I get a good set. Put it this way, if the dodgy new scales are right, then since I started the day after the Anzac day (not the weight I gave at the weigh in), I've lost 7.5 kgs!! ... but not noticeable yet though as that equates to a hair cut and the morning constitutional for me!!!

I've got a stress fracture in my foot as well, so most of that weight drop is just healthy eating, not activity!! Still haven't had a beer - 11 days and going strong, but will treat myself to a few on the weekend - low carb of course!!! LOL

How's everyone else fairing??

DX grunt
6th May 2011, 11:34 AM
I've lost 7.5 kgs!! ... but not noticeable yet though as that equates to a hair cut and the morning constitutional for me!!!

What ever it takes brother, what ever it takes. lol. Well done Scotty.

My research has shown 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Can't remember who, to quote the ref.

growler2058
6th May 2011, 11:37 AM
Going good mate - had to buy a new set of scales (damn this body!!! lol) .... I think the old ones were just feeling abused so they gave up the ghost - only problem is different scales different weigh in (as I bought a cheapy) so need to go get another digital set before Monday - that said, pretty happy with what the new scales are saying!!! lol ... just hope it holds true when I get a good set. Put it this way, if the dodgy new scales are right, then since I started the day after the Anzac day (not the weight I gave at the weigh in), I've lost 7.5 kgs!! ... but not noticeable yet though as that equates to a hair cut and the morning constitutional for me!!!

I've got a stress fracture in my foot as well, so most of that weight drop is just healthy eating, not activity!! Still haven't had a beer - 11 days and going strong, but will treat myself to a few on the weekend - low carb of course!!! LOL

How's everyone else fairing??

7.5kg sh1t hot mate gotta be happy with that!!

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 11:39 AM
What ever it takes brother, what ever it takes. lol. Well done Scotty.

My research has shown 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Can't remember who, to quote the ref.

And you're 100% correct!! lol

Remember, no good flogging yourself to lose weight if you can't maintain that regime once you achieve your goal weight - light exercise that you don't see as a 'chore' is the best. When I get back on it, I find riding is great - more fun, can go more distance, and less impact on the frame! You should aim for 4 times the distance you walk/run if you're riding (I.e. Walk 3 klms, then ride 12klms - this accounts for sections of road where you are cruising and not burning energy like downhill, super flat areas, etc).

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 11:41 AM
7.5kg sh1t hot mate gotta be happy with that!!

If the scales are right, then you bet!! But not fooling myself that it will slow down from here ... but a great start ...

growler2058
6th May 2011, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=Bigrig;77826]And you're 100% correct!! lol

When I get back on it, I find riding is great - more fun,

Yeah I like riding but i'm married doesnt happen as often these days hahahahahahhaahahhaha

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=Bigrig;77826]And you're 100% correct!! lol

When I get back on it, I find riding is great - more fun,

Yeah I like riding but i'm married doesnt happen as often these days hahahahahahhaahahhaha

Using too hard a gear maybe?? LOL

Sir Roofy
6th May 2011, 07:37 PM
im doing ok but im very hungry all the time janes making me eat healthy stuff

Clunk
6th May 2011, 07:45 PM
well I'm sorry to say but I'm bowing down to some good ol' fish n chips tonight, there's only a certain amount of salad and vegetables I can take during the week................... and as the saying goes, everything in moderation.......... will be back on the good food again come breakfast tomorrow.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigrig
6th May 2011, 08:19 PM
well I'm sorry to say but I'm bowing down to some good ol' fish n chips tonight, there's only a certain amount of salad and vegetables I can take during the week................... and as the saying goes, everything in moderation.......... will be back on the good food again come breakfast tomorrow.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so you should mate - it's impractical to simply think you'll never eat that gear again - as said, moderation and certainly allow yourself one meal splurge every week or so. I had salad with it, but just hoovered a HUGE big steak (400 grams!!!!) ...

Keep up the good work everyone - you'll thank yourself for it later!!