PDA

View Full Version : Polyurethane bushes or Rubber

LandRoverGhost
14th July 2016, 07:56 PM
Some of the bushes in my 'new' Patrol seem to be those fancy coloured Polyurethane ones.
In my LandRovers I always stuck to OEM rubber bushes.
Any one with good reasons for Poly Bushes ... or Not ... in a Patrol ?

Thx. J.

nissannewby
14th July 2016, 08:03 PM
Stick with oem rubber mate. They will outlast every other option.

threedogs
15th July 2016, 12:54 PM
X 2 stick with the rubber bushes, also a lot of bits work better if OE
like the belts and even the thermostat, if in doubt just ask,,,,lol

Gates belts work ok from what Im told

mudnut
15th July 2016, 02:00 PM
As has been posted, the black rubber will last a lot longer. I have been advised that once a tear or wear has developped, the black rubber will fail gradually, where as the neoprene will break down a lot quicker.

strider
10th August 2016, 02:21 PM
Poly bushes are easier to fit and don't have the risk of rupturing if compared to grease filled bushes. They can firm things up which can be both good and bad. They come in an array of hardness ratings. They can be very handy when it comes to things like caster correction.

LandRoverGhost
10th August 2016, 08:44 PM
It looks like the previous owner used them for a caster correction. Would tat be possible with rubber bushes anyway ?

strider
10th August 2016, 11:05 PM
Yes you can purchase rubber caster correction bushes. I had Poly caster correction bushes on my last Patrol and the whole suspension setup was great. I will probably do the same again when I upgrade the suspension on my current one. I'm yet to work out how to crap money to do all the mods I want or buy a Land Rover 6x6.

LandRoverGhost
11th August 2016, 04:46 PM
Thanks - coming from 25 years of active LandRover use I would think twice before going Land Rover 6x6 ... Yes super off road but up for a maintenance nightmare I'm afraid.

garett
11th August 2016, 05:10 PM
Thanks - coming from 25 years of active LandRover use I would think twice before going Land Rover 6x6 ... Yes super off road but up for a maintenance nightmare I'm afraid.

my brother has a defender 90... every time i go out with him we fix his land rover.. yes every time. good thing is its mostly easy stuff. bad thing is it needs fixing.

LandRoverGhost
11th August 2016, 05:38 PM
I got the the point that I 'advertised' my Land Rover addiction by saying 'I can fix my Landy so professional after all that training - I had too' :-) . Still have a lot of Land Rover gear / spares ... interested ?

garett
14th August 2016, 04:29 PM
I got the the point that I 'advertised' my Land Rover addiction by saying 'I can fix my Landy so professional after all that training - I had too' :-) . Still have a lot of Land Rover gear / spares ... interested ?

if you've got a power steering box can you give me a shout please but thats about all he needs atm

LandRoverGhost
14th August 2016, 11:30 PM
Sorry - no steering box - have to check in the shed what's there. Mostly steering / suspension stuff and some V8 engine related.