PDA

View Full Version : Mortons ZD 30 Rebuld

morton2478
2nd July 2016, 08:37 AM
Ok boys and girls not sure if this thread is in the right spot still learning how to do things on the forum. I am just after some information on my zd30 i will be rebuilding my 3ltr in the coming months after a glow plug failure that has left me with a cracked piston on number 4 what i am chasing is information on what internals like pistons, bearings and gaskets. What has every one has used any help would be much appreciated

Bigcol
2nd July 2016, 10:37 AM
how much do you have planned to spend?

how cheap are you expecting things to be......?

I have heard horror stories of guys getting work done "real cheap" then having to spend more money to fix the mistakes and shoddy workmen ship

morton2478
2nd July 2016, 11:54 AM
Im not worried about prices it won't be on the cheap im more worried about all the cheap and nasty pistons and parts now on the market i have been contemplating a 4.2 conversion but i have been really happy with the 3ltr if had of known about the glow plug timmer issue the big girl would more than likely be still on the road

Bigcol
2nd July 2016, 12:34 PM
after fluffing around with my cooling system (because I tow a Van) for many years, I have found the factory original is a lot better than alot of aftermarket brands

my thoughts would be to stay clear of eBay for your parts, and find out what brands Nissan sells
do a cost comparison then, once you know what brands are available, then you can make a decision

morton2478
2nd July 2016, 12:59 PM
Cool thanks for the input bigcol this is exactly what i want to hear everyones input as i want a motor with strong internals not chasing big horse power just reliability the only towing i do is our camper :thumbup::thumbup:thanks again for the input

Bigcol
2nd July 2016, 01:02 PM
have you looked into the cost of an imported engine?
I know some do the 4.2 import, dont even know if there is a market for the ZD

could be worth a look into

a lot less fluffing around

General
4th July 2016, 11:01 AM
Watching this as i have thought about importing a motor