PDA

View Full Version : Moped brigade

DX grunt
30th August 2013, 10:12 PM
Fess up if your first set of wheels was a moped?

Did you use to do bog laps around your town, either by yourself, or with your mates?

How many times a night did the cops pull you up and tell you to go home?

All in good fun, peeps. :D lol

taslucas
30th August 2013, 10:13 PM
OMG rossco, everytime you start a new thread i learn a little bit more about you!

Clunk
30th August 2013, 10:20 PM
Nevermind the first vehicle mate...... I've got a little nifty fifty now...... Costs me less than $8 a week on fuel and I can get a whole 85kph out of the hog going downhill with the wind behind be..... It's a beast of a thing :D

DX grunt
30th August 2013, 10:22 PM
Nevermind the first vehicle mate...... I've got a little nifty fifty now...... Costs me less than $8 a week on fuel and I can get a whole 85kph out of the hog going downhill with the wind behind be..... It's a beast of a thing :D

Be careful in school zones...it's only 40kph, and you might get your 'nifty' seized for 28 days. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Clunk
30th August 2013, 10:33 PM
It's not funny mate, I actually got pinged for speeding on it..... 69 in a 60, the copper and his 2female cohorts couldn't stop peeing them selves when they pulled me over and to top it off, $150 fine and 3 demerit points.

Cuppa
30th August 2013, 10:43 PM
My first 'vehicle' at 16 was a Raleigh Ultramatic moped, complete with pedals, leg shields and an automatic 2 speed. Engine used to pivot in the frame when sufficient rpm were achieved & this switched to a different belt driven pulley giving a different drive ratio. Always carried a siphon hose, rarely paid for fuel. Even ran it on wood preservative once (mobile smoke screen). Top speed was achieved down hill slip streaming a truck. Was young & stupid. Mates had Puch Maxi's, NSU Quickly's, Garelli Tiger Cross' & of course Yamaha FS1E's.

DX grunt
30th August 2013, 10:46 PM
Always carried a siphon hose, rarely paid for fuel.

Is that right? lol