PDA

View Full Version : New member intro

ALBINQLD
1st April 2013, 06:16 PM
Hi all. Just wanted to send out a hi d ho to you all, Joined the clan because my boy child and I over the Easter weekend flew from Brizzy to Townsville to by a 1990 GQ patrol 4.2 ute he found on Gumtree. Picked it up for 4 Gs and drove it back over two and a half days, stopping in Yeppoon to visit a mate of his and give the Patrol a test in the hills and on the beach. It proved itself to be a good and worthwhile purchase, bar a couple of minor clichés on the trek back, he is very happy with his purchase. The problems we had were the cigarette lighter socket stopped working, a quick tinker with the wires and it started working again, with the GPS operational again were on out way again. Problem 2, while in Yeppoon after coming back off one of the beaches the blinkers stopped working. but again after a quick tinker with the wires to the blinker pot, they started working again.
Left Yeppoon in the wee hours to do the final leg home, pulled into a servo for some supplies and noticed that the drivers side head light was dead, checked the globe and fuses and both tested OK. Decided to continue on as we could see well enough for the hour or two until the sun came up.
The problem we do have is that after making it home and running a multimeter over the lighting system we have no power going to the low beam side of the plug for the RH headlight, and I would like to know if someone can help us out with a picture of the schematics for the lighting system until we can get a decent workshop manual it, unless some one can let me know what the possible fault could be between the light socket and where ever the power travels from to get to it.
I Hope everyone had a safe and happy Easter. Cheers AL

Maxhead
1st April 2013, 06:21 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

AB
1st April 2013, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
1st April 2013, 06:50 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta good mob here fulla great info and advice

NP99
1st April 2013, 07:00 PM
Hi mate, welcome, where in Bris are you?

Drew
1st April 2013, 07:04 PM
Welcome :bananarock:

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

MEGOMONSTER
1st April 2013, 08:25 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Woof
1st April 2013, 08:57 PM
Welcome Al and son, just go and welcome a few new members, as soon as you get to 25 posts you will be able to download the manuals that you require for free

DX grunt
1st April 2013, 09:03 PM
G'day AL

Great to see another ute on the forum. Pics in the Member's Ride Section would be appreciated.

Take care out there.

Rossco - another ute owner.

Airstrike
1st April 2013, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. So has to be asked did you drive through any water?

ALBINQLD
1st April 2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Will be around for a while to keep in touch and learn from you all, and to Petrol guru, Yes water was experienced, but she didn't go swimming in it nothing above the axles, (this time). Cheers to all.

ALBINQLD
1st April 2013, 09:49 PM
Yep. Logan Shire.

NP99
1st April 2013, 10:34 PM
Someone has to represent Logan on this forum :)

macca86
1st April 2013, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the forum I'm gad you found it. I think you're the bloke I met at that forklift ticket place. You'll be able to download full workshop manuals for free after 25 posts. Get involved say hi to people and you'll have them in no time. The seq boys meet up often so come check us out and meet new patrol nuts

Yendor
1st April 2013, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the forum.

It's common for the headlight switch to play up.

my third 256
2nd April 2013, 03:25 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
2nd April 2013, 06:47 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in and enjoy,
Have you checked all earths??

Bloodyaussie
2nd April 2013, 07:26 AM
Welcome aboard mate...............

Dhuck
2nd April 2013, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bob
2nd April 2013, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Join in the Conversations and enjoy the Ride.

lorrieandjas
2nd April 2013, 11:44 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. How did you go with your headlight issue?

Jas

healy
3rd April 2013, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

flashrx2
3rd April 2013, 10:39 AM
hey mate, welcome along from one newbie to another. ute sounds like a good score!