PDA

View Full Version : Paypal- A/c check

ova50
30th January 2013, 10:58 AM
If you have a Paypal A/c and have used it on the afternoon of Monday the 28th and early Tuesday morn, it might be worth while to check your accounts.

I purchase an item about 7pm monday night via Paypal. I received a email from the company I was dealing with late monday night explaining that he had received 6 payments from me, and all at different times. He had started to credit the extra 5 back to me and said that he had heaps of people making multiple payments to him.
I immediately checked my paypal a/c again, and sure enough payments were being made from about the time I made my first payment and continued till about 10.30pm.

I sent two emails to paypal, (relpies were quite vague), and also spoke with them this morning by phone.
They have confirmed that thousands of people have been charged over and over and it had happened during a "system upgrade" (if one can believe that).

As far as any additional bank charges, if incurred, Paypal claimed they would cover them. ( for me, the company I was dealing with quickly realised there was a problem and was crediting them as they kept coming)

I delayed posting this until I had as many facts as possible., thus the post.

Bloodyaussie
30th January 2013, 11:06 AM
I cant even get on to paypal to check???

Lonicus
30th January 2013, 11:18 AM
I made a payment yesterday and have only been charged once, so hopefully it's fixed.

Cuppa
30th January 2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I immediately checked my account. Last payment made on the 27th. Phew!

threedogs
30th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks for that, as long as it was Pay Pal and not a Scam I,m ok with it.
Really need to be careful these days, with so much inter net money, and bank tranfers

janderson
30th January 2013, 06:28 PM
Got the same. They have taken 2 payments for the one order. Got right up them today. Will wait and see what happens. The supplier says they have not received payment, but been taken out of my account twice.

ova50
31st January 2013, 06:12 AM
Got the same. They have taken 2 payments for the one order. Got right up them today. Will wait and see what happens. The supplier says they have not received payment, but been taken out of my account twice.

One wonders how many people may not realise they have been hit with this & whether Paypal will check all accounts or only ones that people have picked up on.
My 5 extra payments happened over a 3 hour period. My wife would have killed me if I had of paid $1920 for a $320 item.
What reason, if any did they give you for the stuff up ????.

Update: I have received the following from Paypal.

We wanted to take this opportunity to personally explain to you a situation that occurred with one of your recent transactions.

We had a technical issue for three hours on January 27 and 28 that impacted you. This technical issue caused a payment you sent from your PayPal account to be duplicated, which means you paid more than once for the same transaction. We sincerely apologise for this issue and are working around the clock to make it right as soon as possible.

We have reversed the erroneous transaction back to your PayPal account or credit card. If the duplicate transaction came from your bank account, we have placed the funds back in your PayPal account balance and are working today to move them back to your bank account.

If you have any questions, or if this issue caused you to incur any fees or charges from either your credit card or bank account, please contact us.

Customers are PayPal’s top priority. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we get this situation resolved.
Sincerely,
PayPal

This must be a standard email they have sent out, as I said, I had 5 extra payments, not 2 as the email says.

janderson
31st January 2013, 04:13 PM
One wonders how many people may not realise they have been hit with this & whether Paypal will check all accounts or only ones that people have picked up on.
My 5 extra payments happened over a 3 hour period. My wife would have killed me if I had of paid $1920 for a $320 item.
What reason, if any did they give you for the stuff up ????.

Update: I have received the following from Paypal.

We wanted to take this opportunity to personally explain to you a situation that occurred with one of your recent transactions.

We had a technical issue for three hours on January 27 and 28 that impacted you. This technical issue caused a payment you sent from your PayPal account to be duplicated, which means you paid more than once for the same transaction. We sincerely apologise for this issue and are working around the clock to make it right as soon as possible.

We have reversed the erroneous transaction back to your PayPal account or credit card. If the duplicate transaction came from your bank account, we have placed the funds back in your PayPal account balance and are working today to move them back to your bank account.

If you have any questions, or if this issue caused you to incur any fees or charges from either your credit card or bank account, please contact us.

Customers are PayPal’s top priority. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we get this situation resolved.
Sincerely,
PayPal

This must be a standard email they have sent out, as I said, I had 5 extra payments, not 2 as the email says.

Got identical email from them also