PDA

View Full Version : Replacement seats

Briandon
13th November 2012, 04:23 PM
Have a 2001 4.2T ute and considering my options re upgrading the seats from bucket and bench to buckets all round.
Has anyone done this and if so what did you use as replacements?
How did it work out comfortwise?
Any pitfalls?
Thanks
Briandon

nissannewby
13th November 2012, 04:33 PM
A bucket and console out of another gu is an option one which I have taken and everything bolts straight in. If funds permit recaros would be the best.

You can get the factory seats re upholstered and foam added where you like to suit.

threedogs
13th November 2012, 06:27 PM
I'd be going OE where ever possible, in the end would look better too. just dont get those big side bolsters, and remember they come in left and right hand

MEGOMONSTER
16th November 2012, 10:31 PM
I got mine original seats customised into bucket seats with embroidery. 22465 22466

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

nissannewby
17th November 2012, 10:11 AM
I was waiting for these to pop up mego you took your time lol

Tux
17th November 2012, 11:43 AM
They look good, what covering did you use? Who did the work? what part of Melbourne? How long from drop off to pick up?, $$$?

Thanks
Tux

threedogs
17th November 2012, 12:16 PM
Very purtee seats there Mego. Jokes aside I have seen these seats they have been well made and look awesome just like Mego or was it that Cod/ {meds}

Could try some of the aftermarket ones , I have Strato 3000 I think but needed to lift them 40mm
Then you have SAAS, plenty to choose from even suspension style but having used them only good for touring
not off road

Bigrig
17th November 2012, 12:23 PM
I got mine original seats customised into bucket seats with embroidery. 22465 22466

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

That's a copy of the new GR seats - look f'ing fantastic!!!! How much if you don't mind the asking boss ... my seats are stuffed (split bolsters and snapped back support arm).

threedogs
17th November 2012, 12:32 PM
Further more to what Newby and I are saying, if you stick to Nissan chances are all the holes and captive nuts will already be in the floor pan, and colour will match better as well, well they were on my last 4x4. Mates an upholsterer and popping over to look at a job for Big Fella so I'll ask him. ticked now I threw the old drivers seat down the tip

nissannewby
17th November 2012, 12:39 PM
That's a copy of the new GR seats - look f'ing fantastic!!!! How much if you don't mind the asking boss ... my seats are stuffed (split bolsters and snapped back support arm).

Theres a bloke up the sunny coast who can repair and re upholster to your desire that does a good job and is well priced. I can see if I can track down the details?

Bigrig
17th November 2012, 02:32 PM
Theres a bloke up the sunny coast who can repair and re upholster to your desire that does a good job and is well priced. I can see if I can track down the details?

That'd be awesome mate - Anvvid at Capalaba do also, and are known to be good ... but not sure what something like this would set me back through then ..

MEGOMONSTER
17th November 2012, 05:47 PM
I was waiting for these to pop up mego you took your time lol

I was waiting for others first , then come in at the end and dazzle em. Lol

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

MEGOMONSTER
17th November 2012, 05:58 PM
They look good, what covering did you use? Who did the work? what part of Melbourne? How long from drop off to pick up?, $$$?

Thanks
Tux

The seat were done in soft luxury leather and the work done by Alphaline through the Nissan dealership.
http://www.alphalineauto.com.au/
They wanted $3500 for all 7 seats but got em down to $2500 for the 5 seats but Nissan ended up doing all 7 anyway.
I believe it did take em a couple weeks.
But I don't think it was there the whole time, I think measure first , cut it all out then get the car back for final fitting.
They were also suppose to bolster up the sides of the headrest but couldn't get it to seat properly.
I think they are located in Tullamarine.

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience. Y2K

Briandon
26th November 2012, 04:36 PM
Finished up going for a pair of seats out of a wrecked 2005 Wagon, checked out the aftermarket options but too rich for my blood and not convinced that they are sufficiently more comfortable to justify the dollars.
As suggested by some replies it was a very easy bolt out bolt in job.
While I was at it I removed the seat belt assemblies and gave the belts a good scrub including the upper guide, blew the dust away from the mechanism and now they retract like they should.
I also used a bit of 1200 grit wet and dry to give the plastic guide a bit of a polish which may have helped.
Just finished fitting a few sheets of butyl sound dampener to the inside if the doors, the floor pan and the bukhead behind the seats, also pushed a block of foam in behind the extraction vents at the back of the cab so that the bottom two thirds of the vent is blocked.
Still plenty of air flow out of the remaining opening and a significant reduction in noise in the cab.
All that is left to do now is to lift the tray off and fit a stainless water tank under there, tidy up the paint around the back of the cab, the tray and the chassis, reseal the sender unit on the sub tank fit a couple of auxiliary power points inside the cab and it will be bush ready.
Briandon

Fwdpatrol
2nd August 2018, 07:32 AM
Well i have spent days and days reading and trying to get my head around the options to imporve my 2016 GU front seats
They are uncomfortable for anth8ng but very short trips..

I have researched the options
Lots of people seem to like a full replacement ford XR6 replacement frame and frame adaptor. But under Qld laws this will require mod plate and approval. Not sure i need the pain on this

The costs seems over the top, somewhere from $400 a pair to buy plus the adapter base then be re-apolstered at about $1800.00 so seems to be around $2,500 a pair

I found a mob at Beranda Qld that will re do the original Nissan seats so No mod plate or approls required
They look goood and well finished but the $1600 price tag seems very high for a pair of new foam inserts and leather covers
But so far the best option i can find

Kiwi123
11th August 2018, 05:52 PM
I like your seats, the work is just amazing and good to see that fitting and specially design, i like your idea about the such work...