PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Bluey

blueyzharsoff
23rd October 2010, 11:06 PM
Hi all,
Just a quick hullo. Not a lot to say really except that I first discovered Patrols in about 1975 when I worked for a short time on a station that was using shorty patrols for cattle mustering. It would make you cry the things we did to those old girls (and ourselves, come to think of it).
It wasnt until a lot of years later that I actually got around to owning a Patrol but have driven all manner of 4wd's during my years spent working throughout rural and outback WA, none of them has ever measured up to the Patrol in my very biased opinion but I have to say that an old Willys Jeep I once had in my tender care (also in the mid 70's) was a pretty special brute.
These days I get about in a GQ TD42 with a few bits added to make life easier for her.
Love the old tart to bits and dont plan on getting rid of her in the forseeable future.
I am a member of the Western patrol Club, really great bunch on there.
Although we live in the south west of WA the missus and I like nothing better than to head of to the Gascoyne & Pilbara. Also have another Kimberly trip planned sometime.
We also had a bit of a tour around the south coast and up through the goldfields a while back, great fun and it's a shame that work gets in the way of adventure.
Thats about all for now, hope to catch up with some of you.

patch697
23rd October 2010, 11:11 PM
Mate welcome on board & thanks for the ripper intro.

You will get the chance to chat with heaps of the members here as we are all just a big bunch of friendly buggers..............lolol

Cheers
Paul

RustyNails
23rd October 2010, 11:11 PM
Glad you didn't have a lot to say Bluey otherwise I would have had to have a lie down
Welcome buddy, hope we catch up soon

Paul

blueyzharsoff
23rd October 2010, 11:15 PM
Glad you didn't have a lot to say Bluey otherwise I would have had to have a lie down
Welcome buddy, hope we catch up soon

Paul

Yeah mate, got a bit talkative didnt I ......lol

Finly Owner
23rd October 2010, 11:22 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Bluey. You must know half of our other members from over there then?

Tim

Maxhead
24th October 2010, 07:26 AM
G"Day Bluey, welcome mate

AB
24th October 2010, 07:38 AM
Great intro Bluey and welcome!

Feel free to ask anything and join in the conversations.

Woof
24th October 2010, 11:33 AM
Hey Bluey, great to see you here mate, enjoy the forum.

wildgu6
24th October 2010, 04:02 PM
Hey Bluey, Welcome to forum buddy.

Heaps of handy information on forum, great bunch of people with plenty of good advice.
And a few laughs along the way as well. Not much to say you reckon.......lol
If i didnt read your story i would swear you were a lawyer or polli. Well done.
Enjoy buddy

Cheers Pete

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 05:27 PM
great intro bluey, the best intro i've seen 4 a while. Enjoy the forum mate, nice bunch of guys / girls on here always willing to help out were they can.
Hope u don't mind, Ive added you to the forums Google earth members map. just pm me if you want to be removed.

Cheers

Todd

blueyzharsoff
24th October 2010, 08:28 PM
great intro bluey, the best intro i've seen 4 a while. Enjoy the forum mate, nice bunch of guys / girls on here always willing to help out were they can.
Hope u don't mind, Ive added you to the forums Google earth members map. just pm me if you want to be removed.

Cheers

Todd

G'day Todd,
No probs with putting me on the members map mate, the coppers have already figured out where i live.......:-(

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 08:31 PM
G'day Todd,
No probs with putting me on the members map mate, the coppers have already figured out where i live.......:-(
hahahahahahaha like that one, always ask, some people are paranoid of info on the net, don't know why *L*

blueyzharsoff
24th October 2010, 08:32 PM
Hey Bluey, Welcome to forum buddy.

Heaps of handy information on forum, great bunch of people with plenty of good advice.
And a few laughs along the way as well. Not much to say you reckon.......lol
If i didnt read your story i would swear you were a lawyer or polli. Well done.
Enjoy buddy

Cheers Pete

Pete..Pete..pete,
You really know how to hurt a bloke don't ya:mad:
Lawer or polli, I truly am deeply wounded:wink:

wildgu6
24th October 2010, 09:39 PM
Pete..Pete..pete,
You really know how to hurt a bloke don't ya:mad:
Lawer or polli, I truly am deeply wounded:wink:

When I get to W.A buddy (one day) I'll buy you a beer or 2.
Dont want my A*** blown off or your brother Rudi anywhere near me.

Cheers Pete

blueyzharsoff
24th October 2010, 09:55 PM
G'day Bluey, welcome to a great forum mate. Plenty of good people on here for advice or a laugh.

By the way, from reading your user name I reckon I've met your brother - Rudi. LOL!

Yeah, Rudi's my little brother and Kickie is me missus.........

blueyzharsoff
24th October 2010, 10:01 PM
When I get to W.A buddy (one day) I'll buy you a beer or 2.
Dont want my A*** blown off or your brother Rudi anywhere near me.

Cheers Pete

We plan on being in croweater country late next April. The missus has rellies in Hahndorf & Mt Barker and a very old mate of mine lives in Murray Bridge these days.
Gotta say we enjoy our visits to South Oz a lot, I just never get roped into talking footy while I'm there....lol:sterb003:

wildgu6
24th October 2010, 10:09 PM
GO THE MIGHTY BLUES!!!
Hahndorf is a beautiful place for a beer and a bite to eat, very nice little town (love it)
Go to Murry Bridge quite a bit through summer Jet skiing, again (love it)
Give me a yell when your over and I'll buy you that beer buddy.

Cheers Pete

blueyzharsoff
24th October 2010, 10:15 PM
GO THE MIGHTY BLUES!!!
Hahndorf is a beautiful place for a beer and a bite to eat, very nice little town (love it)
Go to Murry Bridge quite a bit through summer Jet skiing, again (love it)
Give me a yell when your over and I'll buy you that beer buddy.

Cheers Pete
No worries mate, we expect to hit Adelaide about Anzac day or the day after.
GO THE MIGHTY EAGLES, ah well, not so mighty the past few years but we will be back.