PDA

View Full Version : Favourite TV show

Steve4wdin
28th July 2012, 09:09 PM
Just for some thing completly different, Whats our favourite tv show.
Mine is "Mrs Brown`s sons" Wednesday Ch 7, 9.00pm.Piss funny

AB
28th July 2012, 09:18 PM
TV is turning into poo these days.

All I can watch are the 4WDTV shows, docos and "Who's line is it anyway".

I used to watch Masterchef but had to stop....I found myself watching it whilst eating my dinner that consisted of a toasted cheese sandwich which gets depressing because there cooking up a twice cooked peaking duck marinated in plum sauce and san choy bow followed by a desert of some exotic fruit and 3 types of dark chocolate whereas my desert was a cigarette and coffee...LMAO

Biscuits
28th July 2012, 09:46 PM
coffee & a smoke... Thats for breakfast not dessert... no wonder you were having issues with master chef, you mixing up your meals

the ferret
28th July 2012, 10:02 PM
Ohhhhh, so glad someone opened the flood gate,
TV today is total crap, cooking dancing, ads about funerals, insurance the list goes on, I have a mate in the US that rocks up now and then and says it's a forking joke, they wouldn't put up with it in the US or the UK.
What we all need to do is turn the thing off, and leave it off till they get their act together.
Did you know that the TV stations know who and how many are watching at any given time?
Hit them in the guts till they wake up to themselves and make changes.
I turn the box on, first thing is an add, change channel, ADD, change channel, poofters cooking, change channel, dude with dirty hair cooking, change channel, dude trying to sing , change channel, dude trying to tell a joke,, then funeral , then crap crap crap, my tv is never turned on anymore. I'm going to convert it to a fish pond.
Cheers, the ferret

growler2058
28th July 2012, 10:05 PM
ummmm olympics coverage ;-)

DX grunt
28th July 2012, 10:09 PM
Home and Away

lololol hahahahaha

Clunk
28th July 2012, 10:16 PM
ummmm olympics coverage ;-)

I'm with the Gman..... Lol

choppie
29th July 2012, 12:02 AM
Crap, crap, crap, bloody crap, I'm sick of bloody crap

AB
29th July 2012, 12:19 AM
Ohhhhh, so glad someone opened the flood gate,
TV today is total crap, cooking dancing, ads about funerals, insurance the list goes on, I have a mate in the US that rocks up now and then and says it's a forking joke, they wouldn't put up with it in the US or the UK.
What we all need to do is turn the thing off, and leave it off till they get their act together.
Did you know that the TV stations know who and how many are watching at any given time?
Hit them in the guts till they wake up to themselves and make changes.
I turn the box on, first thing is an add, change channel, ADD, change channel, poofters cooking, change channel, dude with dirty hair cooking, change channel, dude trying to sing , change channel, dude trying to tell a joke,, then funeral , then crap crap crap, my tv is never turned on anymore. I'm going to convert it to a fish pond.
Cheers, the ferret

Ferret should sign up to the Big Brother...LMAO

Yeah mate, It's bollocks these days I agree.

megatexture
29th July 2012, 12:30 AM
"Who's line is it anyway".

man i love that show everything else is crud im just glad i have no time for it only time i watch tv is at dinner and dont pay much attention as im stuffing my face with goodness:1062:

threedogs
29th July 2012, 04:30 AM
I'm love my cowboy pictures, so happy to see The Virginian back on. TVs like pay for view if you miss it you can watch it next week

repeat, repeat, repeat

Steve4wdin
29th July 2012, 08:53 AM
TV is turning into poo these days.

All I can watch are the 4WDTV shows, docos and "Who's line is it anyway".

I used to watch Masterchef but had to stop....I found myself watching it whilst eating my dinner that consisted of a toasted cheese sandwich which gets depressing because there cooking up a twice cooked peaking duck marinated in plum sauce and san choy bow followed by a desert of some exotic fruit and 3 types of dark chocolate whereas my desert was a cigarette and coffee...LMAO

Hey it`s good to see your looking after yourself AB.Getting your daily intake of fiber and calcium

Bloodyaussie
29th July 2012, 09:22 AM
Hands down "QI" wins.
Commercial tv is just full of rubbish and almost never watched in this house even with 2 kids.

AB
29th July 2012, 09:35 AM
Ive hooked the PS3 up to the TV and now have Youtube on the main family TV. It's handy to sit back and watch 4wd videos or docos or just people hurting themselves 24/7 too...LMAO

Woof
29th July 2012, 02:18 PM
Favourite show would have to be Becker, everyone says that he is just like me.........unfair but may be a bit of truth there..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pST4IF4df-s

macca
29th July 2012, 02:57 PM
Have to be the news, followed by travel shows.

The travel shows have to be down to earth and realistic, never going to stay in a presidental suite or enter the doors of the Burge Dubai.

And can not stand prissy made up presenters doing those shows either. Malcolm Douglas had it right!

So there is not a lot left LOL

oncedisturbed
29th July 2012, 09:54 PM
don't watch a lot of TV but when I do it's usual M*A*S*H, SG1 or Law and Order

DX grunt
29th July 2012, 11:26 PM
Now that I've had time to think.......lol

World Championship Wrestling. Mario Milano, Spiros Arion, Georgeous George, The Hulk. The famous sleeper hold....... As a kid, I used to believe all that stuff.

I'm that old, I remember the clowns, Zig and Zag. hahahaha

twisty
30th July 2012, 07:47 AM
World Championship Wrestling. Mario Milano, Spiros Arion, Georgeous George, The Hulk. The famous sleeper hold.......

Used the sleeper hold on my little brother till unconcious, then dad caught me ... good times. These days ABC or dvd, no commercial tv. Big Bang Theory, Spartacus and Game of Thrones are favourites atm.

oncedisturbed
30th July 2012, 07:50 AM
Used the sleeper hold on my little brother till unconcious, then dad caught me ... good times. These days ABC or dvd, no commercial tv. Big Bang Theory, Spartacus and Game of Thrones are favourites atm.
can't wait for season 3 of game of thrones, very well made storyline etc

ozzyboy
30th July 2012, 07:52 AM
Man v wild, the man show, game of thrones and anything nrl related.
Ozz

2TROLLFAM
30th July 2012, 08:16 AM
coffee & a smoke... Thats for breakfast not dessert... no wonder you were having issues with master chef, you mixing up your meals

AMEN!!! Cept I drink Tea not Coffee

2TROLLFAM
30th July 2012, 08:18 AM
Don't watch TV much - was watching The Voice but would rather watch Extreme Fishing or 4WD Action

Blacklotusdog
30th July 2012, 05:25 PM
Breaking bad, game of thrones, mad men, the board walk empire, spartacus, arrested development, big bang theory....the list goes on. There is plenty of great tv shows, just none of them are aired on 'tv' here. There are of course ways around that problem, not that i would ever condone them....

MudRunnerTD
30th July 2012, 06:33 PM
Yep Breaking Bad is TOP RATED! if you have not seen any of it, chase it down and get into it. I have it on hard drive from episode 1 and it is fantastic!

twisty
30th July 2012, 07:20 PM
I have it on hard drive ....

The only way to go. I've got over 600 movies and more than 50 tv series (American Dad to Wilfred) on a 4Tb NAS (network attached storage). Took some time converting but can watch any on all tv's in the house as well as the computers. The tv's are really just big monitors now.

Trolatron
30th July 2012, 07:25 PM
For me its "Two and a half men" and " Bib Bang Theory" but maby thats because they are on at tea time.

taslucas
30th July 2012, 07:54 PM
can't wait for season 3 of game of thrones, very well made storyline etc

Yep im right into that too. The story is good because its based on the books by George R.R. Martin.

taslucas
30th July 2012, 07:55 PM
Bear Grylls is my hero! He is one tough bugger!!

taslucas
30th July 2012, 08:03 PM
Coast (a few series all about the british coast line), David Attenborough's Life in the Undergrowth and his series on Planet earth. A series that has been shown here lately called "How the earth made us" is amazing.
Pretty much any doco that shows me all the diversity and contrasts of Nature.

healy
17th September 2012, 10:18 PM
Boardwalk empire get on it looks like its gonna be another great hbo series like The wire and deadwood if you havnt seen those series you have seriously missed some of the best televised stuff since Duckman

sam697
17th September 2012, 10:27 PM
Big Bang Theory, Sons of Anarchy and iFish

Richo460
18th September 2012, 12:13 AM
I have to agree with AB and the others singing the same tune. TV is sh$t these days. Bring back "the goodies" and "benny hill" and "the late show d-generation". I am giving my tv away so i can park my dirtbikes in the loungeroom.

Les Penrose
18th September 2012, 04:11 AM
I can't believe that there is so little soccer shown on Aussie TV

Punderhead
18th September 2012, 06:54 AM
Doctor Who, 4wdTV, Top Gear (much worse since WIN took it over though). I rarely watch the last 2 though. Something to do with Mum holding the remote. Alternatively, I sometimes have the remote, which is all good until mum/sisters want a differed show and then the remote is surrendered once again.

Cheers!

threedogs
18th September 2012, 07:09 AM
4.30 news on channel 9 followed by the 6-00 o'clock news,
Nah it's all rubbish love my cowboy and gladiator movies , any Docu
Big Bang tee hee

Winnie
18th September 2012, 07:16 AM
Yep Breaking Bad is TOP RATED! if you have not seen any of it, chase it down and get into it. I have it on hard drive from episode 1 and it is fantastic!

Yeah Breaking Bad is my number one favourite. Simpsons is a close second. Top Gear comes third, then it's whatever is on the doco channels or animal planet.

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

MC97GQ
18th September 2012, 07:37 AM
I agree with all, I don't do a lot of TV as it is shite, but as the starter of this thread said Mrs Browns Boys - GREAT SHOW, very reminiscent of Father Ted - Another great show.

We don't have Pay TV as I don't believe you should have to pay for the privilege of watching advertisements and have to pay a subscription to get 20 channels of crap just to get 5 channels you would actually want.

MB
30th October 2018, 08:38 AM
The Simpson’s are under attack Winnie mate!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/10/613.jpg
Cletus and his Piggy will be next for sure I’d say, highly offensive to Appalachian Banjo folk!!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/10/614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
30th October 2018, 08:54 AM
Never thought I'd see the day where The Simpsons give in to political correctness!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rossco
30th October 2018, 10:06 AM
The whole show is full of stereotypes, what about Homer FFS. Pretty boring show if it was just lame arsed do gooders as characters trying not to offend anyone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MB
30th October 2018, 10:41 AM
Don’t get the Yanky Police Union started :-)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/10/617.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob
30th October 2018, 12:35 PM
The Chase Australia & Andrew O'Keefe Jeez he is bloody annoying

Ben-e-boy
30th October 2018, 06:29 PM
A show I have been enjoying lately is called '8 out of 10 Cats does countdown', hosted by Jimmy Carr. It's on tonight at 8.30 on SBS Viceland.
There's Been some real LOL moments and Rachel Riley is smoooooooking hot.

Winnie
30th October 2018, 06:37 PM
There's a bloody good cartoon on at 8am on abc kids called Bluey about a family of blue heelers, Isla loves it and I try and make sure I'm around to watch it too lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hodge
31st October 2018, 07:03 AM
There's a bloody good cartoon on at 8am on abc kids called Bluey about a family of blue heelers, Isla loves it and I try and make sure I'm around to watch it too lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkYeah my son is all over that show. It's on repeat on ABC view.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

threedogs
1st November 2018, 11:22 AM
Was a big fan of the Munsters years ago closely followed by the Addams Family