PDA

View Full Version : Sydney :)

nissannewby
17th June 2012, 05:43 PM
Hey guys

The mrs and I are heading down to sydney on the 3rd and 4th of july and im just wondering if anyone knows of any good spots (parks,beaches,pubs, restaurants etc)

Thanks in advance.

jimmyz
17th June 2012, 08:17 PM
Hi Patrol Guru
The only beach you can drive on in sydney is Boat Harbour (Northen end of Cronulla Beach) will coast you about $25 for a day pass.
Norhhies is the only pub in Cronulla and there are plenty of good restaurants also in Cronulla.
The Royal National Park south of Sydney (30 - 40 min drive from Cronulla) is good for a drive and picnic. Not sure what they charge you for the day to enter the park.
What part of Sydney are you staying in ?

NissanGQ4.2
17th June 2012, 08:29 PM
Sydney is a Sh!t hole, stay in Brissy *LMAO*

If you have time on your way down, I'd recommend stopping @ Stockton Beach for at least half a day.

X2 with Jimmyz, what part of Sydney?

97_gq_lwb
17th June 2012, 08:34 PM
This is what most of the good spots look like now.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/06/27.jpg

Woof
17th June 2012, 08:38 PM
Good places in Sydney..............................yeah PERTH..lol

NissanGQ4.2
17th June 2012, 08:48 PM
This is what most of the good spots look like now.

I was expecting a photo of a 4wd track with a gate and bollards *L*

growler2058
17th June 2012, 08:48 PM
I've only been once my missus goes over lots for work
The time I went we went to shiploads of pubs but the standout was the Australian at the Rocks just up from the little bridge:-)
Wife just piped up that all the pubs round the rocks are good she's been to all of em

Tapp tillya Crap

97_gq_lwb
17th June 2012, 08:57 PM
I was expecting a photo of a 4wd track with a gate and bollards *L*
Is this better
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/06/28.jpg

Bigrig
17th June 2012, 08:59 PM
I know the airport fairly intimately!! lol

Darling Harbour is a great spot to sit back on a sunny say and get sloshed and eat at various locations, and a harbour cruise is alright too, but depends where you're staying - 2 days isn't much time, and if you're anything like me, the crowds around the city will remind you of why Brissy is so good ...

NissanGQ4.2
17th June 2012, 09:27 PM
Is this better

hahahaha thats heaps better, but you weren't wrong with the first pic either

nissannewby
17th June 2012, 10:07 PM
Staying on the harbour itself and flying down, we are going to a concert at the opera house on tuesday night. Thanks for your replies guys keep em coming

Woof
17th June 2012, 10:22 PM
Staying on the harbour itself and flying down, we are going to a concert at the opera house on tuesday night. Thanks for your replies guys keep em coming

What concert are you going to see mate?

nissannewby
17th June 2012, 10:28 PM
Here comes the ridicule lol. We are going to see Carrie Underwood. Its our anniversary on the 1st and the mrs is an avid fan of hers

Clunk
17th June 2012, 10:34 PM
Here comes the ridicule lol. We are going to see Carrie Underwood. Its our anniversary on the 1st and the mrs is an avid fan of hers

Could you not pretend you were dying or something!!!!!????? Lol

nissannewby
17th June 2012, 10:38 PM
Hahaha It wont be all bad should get me plenty of brownie points ;) it will also be good to get away from everything in brissy for a couple of days but i will certainly be over flying by the end of the week.

megatexture
17th June 2012, 10:58 PM
Most guys would have bought the ticket so the missus can go with a friend... sure you’re not going to get your "Carrie Underwood" cd collection autographed? don’t worry we won’t laugh :rolleyes:

nissannewby
17th June 2012, 11:01 PM
oh alright i confess lol getting my t-shirt signed as well (hope noone takes this seriously lol)

megatexture
17th June 2012, 11:04 PM
oh we do haha and by the way its a tank top:coffeetime:

Woof
17th June 2012, 11:11 PM
We all have different tastes in music mate..................................but WOW yours are just way to far out there, ENJOY....ROFLMAO

nissannewby
18th June 2012, 11:17 AM
Oh no what have i done :(

Lambroast
18th June 2012, 11:36 AM
Wow...
Had to do a google search... :)
Dunno about her music but she's certainly easy on the eye !

nissannewby
18th June 2012, 01:41 PM
Yes that will be one good think about it she is certainly a honey

NissanGQ4.2
18th June 2012, 04:40 PM
We are going to see Carrie Underwood.

I found the place you are looking for 2 stay in Sydney and after reading the above I highly recommend it

St Vincent’s Hospital

Address: 390 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Telephone: (02) 8382 1111

Iv'e read they have a great Mental Health Program

taslucas
18th June 2012, 05:15 PM
I found the place you are looking for 2 stay in Sydney and after reading the above I highly recommend it

St Vincent’s Hospital

Address: 390 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Telephone: (02) 8382 1111

Iv'e read they have a great Mental Health Program

HA HA classic!

nissannewby
18th June 2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the support guys lol

NissanGQ4.2
18th June 2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the support guys lol

No worries mate, I rang them on your behalf, no dram's in booking you in either, I mentioned Carrie Underwood and they understood completely. They also said they don't know if you will ever make it back out *LMAO*

nissannewby
18th June 2012, 08:08 PM
This is definately giving me a good laugh lol

ozzymalone
21st June 2012, 11:35 AM
Hey mate.... I got out of Sydney as soon as I got a chance. Pitty it took twenty odd years. What are you into and i will tell you where to head.

taslucas
21st June 2012, 01:39 PM
No worries mate, I rang them on your behalf, no dram's in booking you in either, I mentioned Carrie Underwood and they understood completely. They also said they don't know if you will ever make it back out *LMAO*

How did you manage that? I heard the Carrie ward was full!

Tap, crackle, pop

nissannewby
21st June 2012, 01:58 PM
Hey mate.... I got out of Sydney as soon as I got a chance. Pitty it took twenty odd years. What are you into and i will tell you where to head.

We will only really have a day so anywhere thats interesting good spot for feeds etc just nice spots in general really.

taslucas
21st June 2012, 03:14 PM
Your gonna need a pub for a few hours before going to that concert!

Tap, crackle, pop

ozzymalone
22nd June 2012, 01:53 PM
We will only really have a day so anywhere thats interesting good spot for feeds etc just nice spots in general really.

If you are only down there for a day I would just smash out some tourist/sightseeing stuff out....How do you like walking? I would certainly check out the Rocks for nice little pubs and good little boutique shops for the missus and why not stroll around to the Opera House and have a squiz at the Botanical Gardens (they are huge compared to Bris Vegas). From the Gardens you can stroll over to the Art Museum (if thats your cup-o-tea). Generaly walking around the Harbour is nice and you will see plenty of historical spots. Nice walks right around the harbour with good eats the whole way around. If you wanna play the romantic do a picnic hamper up, the missus will love ya; for it. ;) - After all you are already succuming to a Carrie Underwood concert right?