Thread: Mothers Car Care Advice Help thread

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mothers Car Care Advice Help thread

Hey guys,
    I thought maybe we should start up a “hey George, how do I fix this” thread. Let’s try and keep this fun and on topic (nothing sales related), so that maybe we can build up a database and help other with the same problems.

George’s profile:
    Currently the National car care manager. Teaches pro detailing at Tafe. Previously an Automotive Paint Training Manager forPPG Industriesand also judges The Mothers Shine Award at SEMA. Is a full blown hot rod, muscle car enthusiast who has worked in Automotive finishes industry for 35 years all over the world with Major paint manufacturers.

Post up a pic of the problem you’re having and George will try his best to give you an answer.

I’ll start
    Hey George, how do I fix this?

Ok glad you asked and happy to help. This is oxidation (Break down of the surface of the paint) . Notice how it’s only on bonnet
    and not the front bar. It can be restored full gloss by using Pre Wax cleaner with a microfiber cloth, and some elbow grease. Pre wax cleaner will safely remove the oxidation on the surface without taking off too much paint. if that doesn't work a clay bar will and at the same time get rid of any stubborn dirt or stains. Follow it up with some Mothers Carnauba Wax to protect it from further UV Damage.

George From Mothers

Ask away guys.
    Automotive social media http://motorculture.com.au or call us on 02 9418 9008

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement